? Hammer bullets 28 nosler

horse killer

Has anyone used any of the hammer bullets in the 28 Nosler or in a 6.5 saum.
I need to get a non led bullet to work in both of my rifles to comply with the led ban in California. any suggestions would help. Have tried Barnes in a few of my other rifles and have not had any luck getting then to shoot well. The other rifles were a 300 wtby.
and a rem 7mm.

I have not yet but I plan on it. I will try the 155 and 177 gr. I really like the design of these bullets. Get a message to the guys at Hammer. They were super helpful and had lots of good info for me. I got side tracked and didn't get to load anything yet for my 28Nosler.

I haven't tried the .284's, as I don't have one. I have used them in 4 other calibers with success. So far just 100 yard groups, they haven't been difficult to find a starting place. No chance to chrono, use at distance or terminal performance to report.

A couple of the rifles have been mediocre in the past and showed definite improvement.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.