Hammer bullets gel test.

snox801

Not sure if this has been posted on here before. I may have missed it but either way I liked watching it. Shows how different bullets act. And hats off to the hammer guys for giving propers to the other bullet. Seems like more than one way to skin a cat applies here also.

I like the Hammers a lot but would be curious how they compare to CE and Barnes.
Well I started with Barnes when I was making the jump in my smaller calibers. Was not to crazy about them. They work as you expect and mushroom. But the cutting edge was a nice jump up in performance from the Barnes. I didn't think it got better till I tried the hammers. They seemed to do more damage inside. And the consistency was better. I still shoot Ce in my big 375 for both target and hunting. Just burns up to much supplies to change, well and I don't shoot it a ton.

That was just an observation form a lot of game down. Hundreds. That being said I've not seen it in gel so take it for what it's worth. Would be interesting to see this same test with say a thick shoulder bone in front of the gel.

Well, they showed a Berger blow up next to it…

Personally, I would like to see them hire a person like Simplemindedfella to add 4-5 or more Hammers to his established test regime.

Another company showing clear gel results which are pretty, but not calibrated.

I'm not saying the other guy is, but he is respected and gets consistent results.

Last edited:
Well, they showed a Berger blow up next to it…

Personally, I would like to see them hire a person like Simplemindedfella to add 4-5 or more Hammers to his established test regime.

Another company showing clear gel results which are pretty, but not calibrated.

I'm not saying the other guy is, but he is respected and gets consistent results.
Would be cool. Looks like both would do the job. But as we know gel only tells part the story. Cover it in hide hair and bone.
Definitely not scientific but we know not every shot is gonna do the same anyway. Still cool to see.

Gday
Reelamin
@snox801 Nice....post this on the target bullets should not be used for hunting thread!!!!
🤣
Some will agree some will disagree & some will definitely not get it even when pictures are produced & actuals observed
Yep we still have a few of these guys over there like this 🤪
0FEDB2A9-4F3C-4607-A34F-4FA4E6B6298A.jpeg

cheers

Gday snox
I saw this sometime ago & be interesting to see if it goes the same way 🤷‍♂️

The interesting thing is those who shoot enough critters eventually see this thing happening & im not a gel fan as got caught watching a gel advertisement from a company & then once I put that pill in critters it was way different & those results turned me off gel & never used it as critters are my gel & those repeat what pills kill more consistently over & over & I'll second your observations on pills used to the most consistent

Although I guess it ultimately depends on one's level that they are willing to accept of a killing criteria 🤔

Cheers

Recent Posts