Gel Test Data

Not sure if you were referring to the 215 hybrid or the HH, but the 215 hybrid has scores of proven field results on game, which is what matters to me. The HH clearly kills well also as evidenced by plenty of threads. I guess what I'm trying to say is, while gel gives an idea on expansion and penetration (and the videos/pics are cool to watch), I don't think it 100% directly correlates to performance on game. I'd rather see field results (and that goes for any bullet).
I was referring to the Hammer, There have been tons of animals killed with Hammers, were they all bang flops ......... Nope, some worked better that others and the information is out there and it will be presented but as of right now there is no need to even try when every thread ends up as a dumpster fire, the folks that get it....... well they really get and the folks that don't never will if they keep shooting with the old tried and true thought process that we have all been engrained with, you have to clear your head.
Don't take that the wrong way as there is absolutely nothing wrong with that mindset as we all know it works but it will Handicap you in taking advantage of the Hammers full potential

I'm okay with the test and appreciate the information. I'd like to see other bullets in the same type of test but that's not why this test was published.

I'm not a fan boy of any bullet and I have 3 different bullets I can load for my current rifle of choice. I have been curious about the hammer line, but I prefer to practice with the bullet I hunt with and for now, I prefer not to pay so much to practice. Maybe these bullets will be in my future some day or maybe they will design an economical practice bullet, but I doubt that's a sound business model.

I'm okay with the test and appreciate the information. I'd like to see other bullets in the same type of test but that's not why this test was published.

I'm not a fan boy of any bullet and I have 3 different bullets I can load for my current rifle of choice. I have been curious about the hammer line, but I prefer to practice with the bullet I hunt with and for now, I prefer not to pay so much to practice. Maybe these bullets will be in my future some day or maybe they will design an economical practice bullet, but I doubt that's a sound business model.
Maybe we should conduct the same test every month or two based on popular demand of what Hammer to compare to another brand bullet.

Maybe we should conduct the same test every month or two based on popular demand of what Hammer to compare to another brand bullet.
Sounds good , but you might ask those that's so interested in those other bullets, in comparison , in taking up a collection too foot the cost .That gel and time has too be costly , I'm sure it's fun.If I fall in love with another bullet Steve I will send it too you for comparison before I get too engaged With a little cash for testing Ha .

Yes, I read it.

Please comply with my request.
Len,
Thank you again. Your patience must be getting thin. And it should be.
I for one (probably among many) am quite tired of the bickering and yadda-yadda-yadda. My wish would be for Northriverguide and Younggun to find somewhere they can be happy and frequent it. I wish them well and hope they have a ball and success hunting with their bullet of choice. Personally, I could care less.
Regards to all.

I was referring to the Hammer, There have been tons of animals killed with Hammers, were they all bang flops ......... Nope, some worked better that others and the information is out there and it will be presented but as of right now there is no need to even try when every thread ends up as a dumpster fire, the folks that get it....... well they really get and the folks that don't never will if they keep shooting with the old tried and true thought process that we have all been engrained with, you have to clear your head.
Don't take that the wrong way as there is absolutely nothing wrong with that mindset as we all know it works but it will Handicap you in taking advantage of the Hammers full potential

All good, not taking it the wrong way at all - I've been messing with the 260 HH in my 338 RUM and it's shooting lights out. I'd have taken it to Wyoming with me a few weeks ago, just haven't found a case big enough to fly with my 30" barrel haha. I'm moving back west next fall and will no doubt be trying out the hammers on game.

My deer this past Monday was hit with a 143HH at 100. 3167 fps at impact. Both lungs and heart. The whole top 1/2 of the heart was gone, with the lower half split in 2 pieces.
The deer was knocked off his hooves and about 2 feet away from where he was standing.
The deer ran about 30 yards with zero blood pressure as there was only a blood trail at 20 yards. All except for one petal was a pass thru.
How the deer made it that far with no blood circulating was kind of a mystery.
The heart shot photo below is where I shot him but maybe an inch lower.
Lower half of the heart in the other photo.
Vs. Gelatin, this is the actual result.

Attachments

• 20221023_091224.jpg
    20221023_091224.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • shot_placement_organs.jpg
    shot_placement_organs.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 67
My deer this past Monday was hit with a 143HH at 100. 3167 fps at impact. Both lungs and heart. The whole top 1/2 of the heart was gone, with the lower half split in 2 pieces.
The deer was knocked off his hooves and about 2 feet away from where he was standing.
The deer ran about 30 yards with zero blood pressure as there was only a blood trail at 20 yards. All except for one petal was a pass thru.
How the deer made it that far with no blood circulating was kind of a mystery.
The heart shot photo below is where I shot him but maybe an inch lower.
Lower half of the heart in the other photo.
Vs. Gelatin, this is the actual result.
Thanks for the excellent write up Bob and congrats

Last edited: