had it with chemical solvents? try an enzyme!

Ex-solvent user is correct. I can hardly wait till the AM so I can try the 150gr Scirroco's. This is like Christmas Eve when I was younger! Johnny K.

I am new to this forum and I would just like to say hello to everyone. I am just getting into long range shooting and found a link to this forum at Opticstalk.com. I have been reading about this Coppermelt bore cleaner and I am impressed with the reviews it has been getting on this forum. I will have to try some out for myself!

I hope to learn a lot from more experienced shooters like you guys, and welcome any advice you can give.
Thanks
STWSniper

Welcome to the LRH forums.

You will find that if Goodgrouper says it, he ain't guessing. If he likes this cleaner it's a good cleaner because he has compared it to others and found it to be better. You will also find alot of great, very helpful and fun folks here willing to help with almost every question.

Good to have you aboard.

Thanks I appreciate the welcome. Looking forward to learning from this forum, as well as sharing some of my experiences. I will definitely be giving the Coppermelt cleaner a try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey gang, for thoses of you that haven't yet read the review on Coppermelt at the Brownell's web-site, it"s a must read. Also 6.00 bucks a bottle cheaper! Neat review because of the tests they do!

I have been trying to get a hold of somewhere to buy this stuff in Canada. I can't get through on the number posted on the website and I can't get an answer by email. Anyone know who stocks this stuff in Canada, preferably northern Alberta?

I am trying to find a dealer who stocks the Coppermelt as well. I live in southern Saskatchewan and cannot seem to find anyone who carrys it. You would think that since it is made in Canada that we would be able to find it here alot easier? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Well, I went down to Sportsman's a bought some coppermelt, this stuff is good. Easy to use, and no more wearing out bronze brushes!

Cleaned the 6.5x280 Ackley in about 15 minutes, with minimal effort. Borescope shows the barrel to be spotless, which is scary because now I can see the throat erosion!

This is an excellent product, think the CR 10 and witches brew just took a back seat.

Thanks for the heads up GG!

Zane

Well now you guys have done it.

Talked me right into placeing an order for this stuff. One thing I'm curious about, if UPS drops this off on the front porch how cold of a temp. can this enzyme stand before in freezes? Anybody have any idea?
Chris

I have left this stuff in my truck overnight and then used it in the morning in the freezing cold. It never got above 25 degrees during the day or overnight and it seemed to work like normal. It did kindof gel up, but worked great as usual.

GG,
Well I had my wife take a picture of the 10 patches that it required to clean my "burnt" 7mag. Having a heck of a time getting it here. Not giving up yet.
ALSO! shot the 7mag yesterday at 100yds. 150gr Scirocco's using 67gr RL22 and CCI BR2's. Muzzle velocity averaged 3105fps and 3-shot group measured .283". This is with a witness. I will try and get the target up here also. So much for a burnt barrel. Thanks. Johnny K.

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to find a dealer who stocks the Coppermelt as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I picked up a gallon of 7% Ammonia from a Janitor supply store - about $5. I wear nitrile gloves and a good respirator. 50 BMG owners must be good a removing copper.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.