had it with chemical solvents? try an enzyme!

Well I made the trip into Anchorage town, Top on my list was two bottles of COPPERMELT. I paid like 28.?? per. This was at the warehouse, They told me they didn't have it, but we searched till we found it. Never bought anything before that came in an Aluminum bottle! I forgot to buy nylon brushes, Oh well, I can mailorder them anyway.

I bought the 3.5 oz bottle in May and it lasted me until October. That is with cleaning multiple guns several times per week every week.

Yes, it might seem pricey upfront, but I guarantee you that you will actually save money in the long run if you shoot frequently. Patches are quickly becoming more and more expensive and you use about 1/10 as many patches with Coppermelt.

The bottle is now made from aluminum, not stainless steel.

When you guys try it, please post your findings so the word will get passed along. I want this company to keep producing the product for a long long time.

What size brush should I use for a 223 ? Thanks guys I'm gonna give this a try for my next PD hunt.

Lance Wolken

Hey I found the stuff on the shelf at SW. I didn't buy any yet but I showed it to the wife and she said something about a birthday list. That means I will get some in June.

Why do they list it as stainless on thier website?

"New Hunter's Extreme CopperMelt® in the new stainless steel bottles comes with a money-back guarantee:" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

did they go to aluminum because there was some problem or reaction with the stainless?

Thanks,
Ben

4ked,
I will be in your neck of the woods on a chuck hunt in about 4 weeks. You and I need to hook up and I will clean your rifle for you. Trust me, you don't want to wait until June to use this stuff! It is just too **** good to wait.

Sweet. Email me with your plans. [email protected] .

BTW there are many common grades of stainless that are nonmagnetic as well. Probably that new gun barrel won't hold a magnet.

Hey GG I just ordered a bottle of that coppermelt and cant wait till it gets here to try it!! I have been reading this thread with great interest and couldn't stand it anymore so I bought some to try myself! It sounds too good to be true but you and the other guys that have tried it all had the same opinion and what the heck I gotta give it a go and see for myself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I will post back when i try it out and maybe persuade some other folks to give it a try! Thanks for your info man!

GG,
WOW! 7RUMloader just brought that stuff by my house tonight and it is unbelievable. He and I cleaned his RUM first and it came clean FAST. 3 to 4 patches.
We tried it on my 7 Rem Mag next, I was convinced the barrel was shot out. The first 10 to 11 inches of barrel after the chamber felt like an alligators back. I have in excess of 1300 rds through it and it was taking about 6 hours to get it totally clean/w CR-10. I have actually been putting off load development with it because of the labor intensive cleaning sessions.
10 patches later (about 30 minutes) and I'm still shaking my head. The 10 to 11 inches of rough barrel in down to about 1.5" now and absolutely no blue/green whatsoever. Darndest stuff I have ever seen! I am sold and will buy this liquid gold ASAP! Johnny K.

Thanks for letting us know about this great cleaning product GG!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif This stuff is the best thing since sliced bread!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif My shooting buddy johnnyk just beat me to post about it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif It simply amazed both of us with how good it works!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Anyone who is reading this and hasn't tried it yet WHAT ARE YOU WAITING ON?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Go ahead and buy it now I can promise you will not be sorry!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.