H1000 and 215 berger

I'm using a body die bumping the should .002 and then using a Lee collet die and getting .002 neck tension. Once my bullets come in I will start load data with the imr7977 and if that works good I will then try development with h1000 to see if I can get it to work. If 7977 doesn't shoot I'll try getting my load using h4831 and then try h1000. Biggest thing is to be ready for elk season

I'm using a body die bumping the should .002 and then using a Lee collet die and getting .002 neck tension. Once my bullets come in I will start load data with the imr7977 and if that works good I will then try development with h1000 to see if I can get it to work. If 7977 doesn't shoot I'll try getting my load using h4831 and then try h1000. Biggest thing is to be ready for elk season
Make sure u have 5 loaded shells of the 200eldx just in case

That's why we reload i guess. Some builds can be challenging though. Hope u get it nailed down. H 1000 and 215's have worked well for me in most all my builds so I'm spoiled i guess

Looking for info on h1000 and 215 Bergers. Has anyone else had issues with accuracy. Rifle is a r700 with a bartlein barrel. I ran 74-77 gr. With cci250. Best group was where to be expected 77 gr shot around .8 moa. Other groups where 1.25-1.75. I shot some h4831sc and it shot a .6" 4 shot group at 72 gr. This was just a random load. Im looking for others that have experienced less then optimal accuracy with H1000. What powder did you turn too? I'm afraid H4831sc might just not get the velocity I want. Also this is a hunting rifle so temp stability is fairly important. One other question. This particular jug of h1000 had been in my garage for about a year heating up and cooling down. Not sure if it's worth trying a fresh lot of powder. Any insight would be great.

Looking for info on h1000 and 215 Bergers. Has anyone else had issues with accuracy. Rifle is a r700 with a bartlein barrel. I ran 74-77 gr. With cci250. Best group was where to be expected 77 gr shot around .8 moa. Other groups where 1.25-1.75. I shot some h4831sc and it shot a .6" 4 shot group at 72 gr. This was just a random load. Im looking for others that have experienced less then optimal accuracy with H1000. What powder did you turn too? I'm afraid H4831sc might just not get the velocity I want. Also this is a hunting rifle so temp stability is fairly important. One other question. This particular jug of h1000 had been in my garage for about a year heating up and cooling down. Not sure if it's worth trying a fresh lot of powder. Any insight would be great.
I wasn't able to get any accuracy with h1000 either. I tried rl-26 and 74 grains ended up being the magic potion.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.