gunsmith recomendation

buzzyb

hi I am look for someone for a custom build. I would like to have a 300 win mag built. looking for recommendation for a gunsmith that would do me a great job. this would be my first build. who do you recommend.
thanks

Alex Wheeler at Wheeler Accuracy in Dillon MT.
Great work, dang quick, very reasonable pricing and the guy knows what he's doing. Alex is a member here and you can check out his web site as well "Wheeleraccuracy"

hi I am look for someone for a custom build. I would like to have a 300 win mag built. looking for recommendation for a gunsmith that would do me a great job. this would be my first build. who do you recommend.
thanks

You cannot go wrong with the site sponsor gunsmiths. Regardless which smith you decide on, IIWY I'd acquire all your components first.

A lot of good folks to check in with on the site. Didn't see Len listed, but he has some ready made type things if times an issue. Check Long Range Rifles top of the page. Hammer Bullets can get you set up as well. At one time Hammer was working on some entry level long range rifles, at good prices.

Talk with Scott Harold at Quarter Minute Magnums. The name speaks for itself and his knowledge of gun building, shooting and reloading is outstanding. You would be very hard pressed to find a better shooting rifle.

Kirby Allen as mentioned above and also Joe Collier in Millen, Ga.

Never met Kirby face to face but he has answered every question that I had. Subject Matter Expert when it come to LR rifles and shooting. Makes a bad arse rifle. I have one of his .270 Allen Magnums.

Joe is awesome and one of the most personable guys I have ever met and he knows how to build rifles. I had him do some work on a Savage in 6.5-284 Norma but he can work on anything (and make it better).
johnnyk.

Pete Piper, precision barrel work out of Hempstead tx. Pete has built me several nice looking rifles that shoot excellent.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.