Gray Wolf Killed Michigan LP

I thought it said he believed it to be a coyote ?
That is what he said.
But I find it hard to believe anyone would see an 82# wolf and think it was a coyote. That is like the guys that shoot an elk during deer season thinking it is a huge buck.

Rule #4 of gun safety.
"Know your target...and beyond".

My family owned property on Palomar Mountain in San Diego County. We saw a few tracks on occasion. Cat tracks. Mountain lions. Not many just once in a while. Then the liberal urban monkeys decided that the big cats needed complete protection. It only took about two years for the lions to populate our part of the mountain to the extent that we finally quit hunting for deer. When we first started hunting that area in the late 60s we would see twenty to forty deer a day. Now you can hunt a complete season and only see two or three deer during that time. We quit hunting there even on our own property.

That is what he said.
But I find it hard to believe anyone would see an 82# wolf and think it was a coyote. That is like the guys that shoot an elk during deer season thinking it is a huge buck.

Rule #4 of gun safety.
There's been numerous coy wolves shot locally that were about 60 pounds. These aren't the 30-35 pound western coyotes but a hybrid.

Also look at what happened in Idaho. The re introduction of wolves has decimated elk populations and further increased an already stressed population.
In a sense, I must disagree.
The elk populations at least in north Idaho, (oops), I better not make this sound too rosy, were tired of all the non residents hunting over the top of us!
Yep people, the elk hunting in Idaho is really gonna suck this year, stay home.....please!!

I hear you but I know too many people in the area that have trail cams and the increase in wolf picture over the last 10 years only leads to one logical conclusion. The whole out of state mindset is a really backwards way to look at things. I live in Illinois and have thousands of people from out of state come in every year and I don't think it's a bad thing, good for them for brining money to my local economy and enjoying what my state has to offer. We are all Americans and the wildlife is no more yours than it is mine than it is the presidents. More people hunting is better for our sport, not worse. Hunter numbers are at historic lows. Another piece to that puzzle is people that own land are leasing hunting rights for top dollar and that is hurting the average persons ability to compete with $$$$$ to find a place to hunt. Public land is all most people have to be able to experience the out doors anymore.

That is what he said.

Rule #4 of gun safety.
I'm sorry but I don't find it hard to believe ion this day & age. lol

His scope was on backwards like our latest Navy photo-op showing their latest battle rifle with scope mounted backwards. Navy proved why we have Marines.
Update, the Navy "fixed" the photo!
IMG_4140.jpeg

That is what he said.

Rule #4 of gun safety.
I have to say, in all honesty, I probably would have shot it too. He was hunting an area that "supposedly" had no wolves, so why would he question it?
In the heat of the moment, most are not going to really give it that much thought- especially since "there are no wolves here."