Grandsons Gong Shooting

Alberta Wexit

My GRANDSON'S 300 YARD GONG SHOT

Attachments

• James 300yd. Gong shots - Copy.jpg
    James 300yd. Gong shots - Copy.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 145
Ruger 77Mark II came out a number of years ago in dreaded 6.5 Creedmoor.140gr Amax 41.5gr IMR4350 CCI 250 primer. Took some tutoring and confidence building with 22 rimfire. First 50 yds. on paper then shooting 10" gong and 126yards. I don't get to see him very much once a year. So he with us for three weeks this year. Going to be fun

Ruger 77Mark II came out a number of years ago in dreaded 6.5 Creedmoor.140gr Amax 41.5gr IMR4350 CCI 250 primer. Took some tutoring and confidence building with 22 rimfire. First 50 yds. on paper then shooting 10" gong and 126yards. I don't get to see him very much once a year. So he with us for three weeks this year. Going to be fun
You're making impressions on the young man that will shape him for life - for the better that is.

Started at I think 8 years old for this Grandson. I only see him about once a year for a week. He is now 12. I find the older he is it is easier to explain things like trigger control breathing and he fits the rifle much better for check weld etc. I have another 12 year old Grandson who I have been working with but quite a bit smaller. He has issues with check weld and the recoil. I have developed a load for a 308 in Henry H105 single shot. 103 gr Barnes doing 3050 out of 22" barrel. He is now nervous to shoot. Have switched to 243 with 60gr bullets to try to get him comfortable again. I'm hoping it works.

Great job grandpa. as for you other My
now 12 year old startef on a 6.5 creed. He took a really nice whitetail at 9, but never had a lot of confidence and recently picked up a flinch. We backed down to a 17HMR on a gong at about100 yds Worked like a charm. He is back to ringing. Gong at 200 with his 6.5. He's not out to 300 yet but we will probably try soon.