shooting school

I'm looking also. I've talked to a couple places and my biggest problem is they have you shoot Their gun and ammo? That's all fine and good But I want to shoot MY rifle!
It's a completely different set up than theirs..Their .308 is not my 6.5 X 284?
Just tell'um its a creedmoor:cool:.

I get that they want to use their guns cause they know them and the ballistics of what they shoot, and of course they work great, but I would want to learn to shoot my gun, I ain't taking their's hunting, unless they want to give them away with the class Lol

does anyone happen to know any classes or schools that teach the fundamentals of long range in the SE part of Georgia?
Barbour creek shooting school.Eufaula,al. it is a 2 day shooting class, 3 hours of class room, then shooting their rifle 50 rounds in an air conditioned shoot house out to 1000 yards. after class is over you can shoot your own rifle.
They have facility to sleep there and feed you. Great place, good fun. great website too.

Barbour creek shooting school.Eufaula,al. it is a 2 day shooting class, 3 hours of class room, then shooting their rifle 50 rounds in an air conditioned shoot house out to 1000 yards. after class is over you can shoot your own rifle.
They have facility to sleep there and feed you. Great place, good fun. great website too.

I've been there a few times. Just got back from taking the Terminus crew down.
Kirk1902 is correct, they will allow you to shoot your rifle after the class. Plenty of time for you to shoot life size steel target with life size vital flapper plates out to 1,000 yards.
They will work with you while you shoot your gear.

Here is a excellent opportunity that takes place a few times a year. To much to rewrite so hopefully copy and paste works. Both Corbin and Chris that teach the two day courses are good to work with. And as you can see they encourage your own equipment.

upload_2019-9-21_6-21-24.png

upload_2019-9-21_6-25-19.png

Good luck and I hope a few get a chance to hook up with theses folks some day.

Iamosoh

There's a place called Bangsteel located in Wytheville VA which is right where interstates 81 and 77 converge that offers classes and shooting out to one mile. From what I've read from some who went, its a very good coarse which permits you bringing your own gun. One guy was thrilled he had hits at a mile with his 243.
Apparently matches are held at that location also.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.