Kids shooting

I would hope there was a cook-out afterward with plenty of hotdogs, burgers and cold sodas for their growing bodies and minds. If nothing else, there's hope that these young men formed positive opinions about firearms and about those "evil black rifles." The more new shooters we can create, the more safe will be our Liberty as the years progress...

Well said YZ-80

Kansaswoodguy, great job teaching the next generation and making it fun for them as well
I agree. I do this as well with my son and his friends. They are in 6th grade. Our last excursion was to the range with some instruction and exposure to multiple types of firearms. I brought along my RRA tactical CAR, a Yugo O-pap AK variant, a Savage Predator in .204 Ruger and a GP-100. This was purposeful to expose them the various types of platforms and purposes for these "tools". Tools that can be fun but are never Toys, as I put it to them. As I'm sure the OP probably did, I had a brief discussion with each kids parent to ensure they were OK with the activity prior to the trip and was pleasantly surprised at the enthusiasm. Great stuff and a good way to spend a Saturday morning!

I wish that my dad had taken me out shooting when I was a kid. I fired my first round as a six year-old. Fall 1964; deer season. My dad stood behind me as I braced myself against his legs; he held his '06 up for me as I squeezed the trigger for the first time ever. I was hooked! Over the coming twenty years, we never lived where we could shoot or hunt. I finally bought my first firearm in April 1983-- a used Colt SP-1 for $350. Been buying weapons ever since; have never done anything careless, reckless or stupid with a single one of them...

My son is only 2 but I'll get him started in a few years. I do take my godson and nephews shooting shooting and they sometimes go hunting and just tag along. My godson is in to hunting, he loves it. Hes been shooting woth my AR in .223 and my 7mm-08, he's getting pretty good and looks like next year will be his first big game hunt.

Last deer hunt we were camped out next to a bunch of prickly pear cactus, he took his air rifle and got us all rabbits for dinner, all head shots. The targets below were set at at 100m. I'll have him ready for next year.

20181010_131634.jpg
20181010_131619_HDR.jpg
20181010_125458_HDR.jpg
20181108_172908.jpg

Him with "dinner" is a great picture! Would give the Criminal Left a good reason to change their BVDs.

The canine is sniffin' at dinner...

Awesome posts everyone! My boys are all grown but i used to love taking them shooting. If it was a big day extended session Id make some sort of trophy for them. It really hurt the day my youngest honestly cleaned my clock shooting 12ga hulls at 200 yards with a .22. Im still sore over that. He rubbed it in good too. His trophy hung over his bed for 6 years. My 8 year old daughter is taking a liking to shooting and loves my Hornet and 223. I expect she'll be cleaning my clock too by the time shes 12.

Lovely guys ! Teach them respect and love of the sport at a young age... keep creating those great memories!

Attachments

• FF9E0868-2996-4407-ADFF-4C694F53C75A.jpeg
    FF9E0868-2996-4407-ADFF-4C694F53C75A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts