Goodbye LRH

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
My take on the shipping. We ship quite a few packages every day. They average about $100. Some are big, thousands of $. We have never used UPS since they have always had an undertone of anti gun. (now more out in the open) We used to use FedEx exclusively and now switched to USPS. FedEx has given us trouble about shipping bullets particularly Int'l. They refuse to deliver Int'l. Once filed a claim for a lost package domestic and they denied the claim because it was bullets. That was the end there. None of them intend to honor a claim. You only get a claim recovery if you hound them for weeks. They do not call you back. We do not see any greater incidents with one or the other. USPS customer service is better in my opinion.

My take on seller responsibility. If I ship a package to you and it does not arrive, I ship it again. Insured or not. If some of it arrives, I ship the missing again. I recently shipped a $2k worth of bullets and half of them did not arrive. I did not insure it. I sent the replacements. Lost my butt on that one. Hope he continues to order lots of bullets going forward to make up for this shipment. If the customer does not get what he ordered it is not his fault and likely not mine, but he paid for product, and I promised to get it to him.

The only think that I can see that would make this different is if the deal with the purchaser was that the purchaser would make the shipping arrangements. In this case the purchaser hired the shipping not me. I would probably still fix the problem because I am in business to sell product and you don't get return sales if you don't take care of the customer. Plus, right is right.

I'll never insure a package of an item i sell, even if asked. It gets damaged, lost, I refund the money.
That is simple, both parties move on, if the buyer somehow ends up with the package, still intact, now it is on him to do the right thing.
No one has ever had a negative response on a sale of mine.

I laugh at the insurance part of the shipper (not the buyer or seller)! I've told them many times you are responsible because it's in your hands! I have tracking proof with receipt of payment, time, date and the person who did the transaction at the time. They (usps, ups, fedex or whomever) tries to make other people responsible and accept the loss and/or damage due to their lack of care. I have also received bullets falling out of bad packaging on the shipper's part! An oversized box with 2 boxes of 100 count bullets that are not cared for inside the box as in very loose. Paper boxes hold up the torture better than plastic boxes like lapua that are fragile. Norma are also horrible boxes. Speer, sierra and berger are stronger and made it to destination safely even with the box it was shipped in clearly damaged. Sure, we want to trust another member on a forum that we associate with, but unfortunately it doesn't happen at times. I've shared/lended items to others that hopefully get returned it tact and as the condition it left my hands in.

I certainly learned a lot from this thread about shipping. We take stuff to the UPS store, locally owned. They are very pro-gun, so was surprised to hear that UPS is not, although I guess not all that surprised.

I'm just glad my bows made it to their new owner. Actually a gift so not even a question of "making it good" but they were years old and I bet I would have gotten the run around. The woman who owns the particular store said there would be no problem though.

Anyone have any idea how much power franchise owners have over things like this?

I certainly learned a lot from this thread about shipping. We take stuff to the UPS store, locally owned. They are very pro-gun, so was surprised to hear that UPS is not, although I guess not all that surprised.

I'm just glad my bows made it to their new owner. Actually a gift so not even a question of "making it good" but they were years old and I bet I would have gotten the run around. The woman who owns the particular store said there would be no problem though.

Anyone have any idea how much power franchise owners have over things like this?
Ask your local UPS store if they can ship a rifle, scope, or anything gun related. I believe by contract they are not allowed to.

Seriously......I've bought many expensive items from members here....had them all sent usps...to a local office....
General Delivery....with tracking...priority mail....nothing lost..........usually delivered on time or ahead of delivery date....
I bought a barreled action from a member on here in the beginning of June, shipped usps. Never arrived, usps cannot find it. We gave it a month after it was lost, my money was refunded by the seller, done deal for me. I feel bad, the seller is fighting the insurance claim trying to get his money back. So yes, usps does lose stuff....

Hmmm, why not fired a "stolen" firearm complaint with USPS Inspector General? If they cannot find it, one would have to assume it was stolen in transit? This raise a potential theft inside USPS to the highest level possible in USPS bypassing the lip service at lower levels. This is a very serious complaint when it goes to them especially a firearm.

Im not sure how its being handled, the seller mentioned filing a police report. Was lost coming out of Atlanta, no doubt was stolen by a usps worker. Im sure they were quite disappointed to find a barreled action without a trigger. Probably ended up in a dumpster somewhere. Usps will hire anyone with a pulse lately.

I think maybe the difference is that UPS stores can also direct to USPS. I frankly never asked, they just said, sure we ship guns and ammo all the time. Sent my daughter a rifle and a case of ammo; since she is a legal resident of MT (military deployments are not "legal" residences unless you want them to be) shipped right to her door. I'll bet they just directed it to USPS. Easier than standing in line at the post office.

I didn't think that was OK, but my FFL guy assured me it was, and I looked it up and it is fine, and a nice thing for active duty folks.