Goodbye LRH

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
Nice thought, unfortunately that's not how I interpret the guidelines here.

Think for a second, how is a free classifieds service going to enforce that? Where will the resources come from.

'buyer beware' is stated explicitly.

I haven't seen anywhere on this thread or the other where the buyer asked enforcement by the website. He posted a buyer beware thread which he should so others don't run into the same situation with the seller.

Let's not play games. If you want to use the classifieds then stand behind what you're selling. Word games make things messy. The item arrives in the described condition, no different than if you bought it from Amazon. If you don't want that responsibility then don't sell on the classifieds, or only sell FTF.
I have made notes on the original thread and this one. Anyone rationalizing what the seller did or stick up for him are cut from the same clothe he is.

Bottom line-

They had an agreement that the buyer executed his side of the agreement. The seller did not execute his side of the agreement because the item was not received. This was proven with tracking. The seller admitted he didn't buy insurance because the buyer never requested it. The buyer also didn't request that he not buy insurance. The risk was on the seller for not insuring the package. The seller stole $560 from the buyer period.

Actually it depends on the Incoterms used in the contract.
Please don't use words most need to google to understand.

The main advantage of Incoterms is the standardized terminology used by all doing business. Specific terms or acronyms provide both sellers and buyers with clear rules, helping to avoid confusion about each party's responsibilities and cost management. Incoterms are 97.2% opposite of said "games"

Last edited:
I have been blessed when it comes to deals on here, Accurate Shooter, the Hide and AR15. It truly is a great bunch of people and an amazing community, but when there are tens of thousands of people there will always be that "one." In my opinion I still own it until the new owner takes possession so it would be my responsibility to fight with the shipper I chose to get my money or item back. I've even sent items and told buyers to send the funds when they get the package. I'd much rather fail to that side.

I will never understand how someone can do that to another, but I do know what goes around, comes around. Somewhere, somehow that kind of karma will jump up and bite you in the A** one day and I hope it is ten fold!

Please don't use words most need to google to understand.
Incoterms are actually a set "rules of engagement" established for businesses in regards to shipping. In his example my understanding is that he is not using it correctly, because incoterms aren't decided on each individual transaction. I could confirm but I believe that is right.

Oh and your snotty comment (insinuating others on here don't have the same level of intelligence as you and the poster of the term) isn't appreciated by me and I would assume by others.

Last edited:
OK, it seems the actual cost to insure up to $600 would have been $11.00. I think the lesson here for all of us that insuring a purchased article with USPS is dirt cheap in relation to the total. The first thought I had was to make sure you have some sort of value documented by someone etc to prove its value. Then photographed details of every aspect of it. It doesn't matter who buys the insurance at this rate but it does seem quite reasonable to me. Anything valuable require a signature IMO.

Note maximum of value to be insured!

Insurance

Additional Insurance ServicesFee
Amount for Merchandise Insurance Coverage DesiredFee1​
$0.01 - $50.00$2.60
50.01 - 100.003.35
100.01 - 200.004.10
200.01 - 300.005.40
300.01 - 400.006.80
400.01 - 500.008.15
500.01 - 600.0011.00
600.01 - 5,000.00
(maximum liability is $5,000)
$11.00 plus $1.65 per $100.00 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value
Insurance Restricted Delivery2​$6.25

1. Bulk Insurance discount $0.80 per piece.
  2. For articles insured for more than $500.

I've never figured out how to have a receipt for a "used" item .... you must have an original receipt-- a "replacement value receipt" won't work --- and in the case of "damage" you need to make sure it was packaged and "padded" according to the carriers rules.
I worked for the 3rd largest electronics distribution warehouse in the US-- they never paid for insurance, they felt it was a scam and waste of $, profits, and man hours to file claims. BUT they did send a replacement item for free if the item got lost and would issue rma's and free return labels for damaged items.

OK, it seems the actual cost to insure up to $600 would have been $11.00. I think the lesson here for all of us that insuring a purchased article with USPS is dirt cheap in relation to the total. The first thought I had was to make sure you have some sort of value documented by someone etc to prove its value. Then photographed details of every aspect of it. It doesn't matter who buys the insurance at this rate but it does seem quite reasonable to me. Anything valuable require a signature IMO.

Note maximum of value to be insured!

Insurance

Additional Insurance ServicesFee
Amount for Merchandise Insurance Coverage DesiredFee1​
$0.01 - $50.00$2.60
50.01 - 100.003.35
100.01 - 200.004.10
200.01 - 300.005.40
300.01 - 400.006.80
400.01 - 500.008.15
500.01 - 600.0011.00
600.01 - 5,000.00
(maximum liability is $5,000)
$11.00 plus $1.65 per $100.00 or fraction thereof over $600 in declared value
Insurance Restricted Delivery2​$6.25

1. Bulk Insurance discount $0.80 per piece.
  2. For articles insured for more than $500.

UPS is $2 for every $100 after the first $100. Costs a little more to ship and a little more to insure but they pay if they lose or damage the package and you don't have to prove the value or the contents. Their tracking system is also allot better.

UPS is $2 for every $100 after the first $100. Costs a little more to ship and a little more to insure but they pay if they lose or damage the package and you don't have to prove the value or the contents.
? Seems like something is missing in those terms--- I could send a $1 toy insured for $1000 and then claim damage and they just pay up the 1k- no questions asked?

This Thread. You think?
050D1FBC-992E-4A3C-A54D-F3CF079A7C01.png

? Seems like something is missing in those terms--- I could send a $1 toy insured for $1000 and then claim damage and they just pay up the 1k- no questions asked?
I misspoke. I apologize. There is no way to prove the contents were in the package if it is lost. You would need to provide an invoice of some kind to show the value of the contents. The invoice could be a receipt, bill of sale, or the email between the seller and the buyer agreeing on a price. With damaged packages, you take a picture to prove the item was damaged and to prove it was packaged properly along with a document of what it would cost to fix or replace. I believe FedEx is the same way. I have heard FedEx is better about processing claims and paying people. You have a much higher probability of getting paid by them than you do the usps. I just base this on the experiences of family members and friends who have had to file claims with both carriers. That is not a good sampling of the population to come to any conclusions but its good enough for me.