Goodbye LRH

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115360

So, as many of you know, I was robbed by savageseven last week. He took $560 from me for an item that he didn't insure, then when usps lost it, he refused to give my money back. These forums operate on trust.

Well, this morning I got a notification that my post where I explained to the community what happened to me, in an effort to prevent it happening to anyone else was deleted, and it came with a warning: "drop this issue".

So, I don't know who did it, and I don't care. I sent in an email to Len at about 6am this morning asking for clarification, and nobody has responded. That silence speaks volumes. This forum has shown to be a place where thieves can operate with impunity, and telling the truth will get you a warning. I'm out. If you want to talk to me, I'll be on snipers hide.

Admin, delete my account. You can protect thieves without my membership dollars.

I don't know all the circumstances and I don't know the member. I will say this. Never ever ship anything through usps that is expensive enough that you need to insure it. Insuring anything through the usps is flushing money down the toilet. They will never give you your money. Had the member insured it. You would need to wait several months to see if it ever showed up and then when it didn't you would need to show proof that the item was worth what you insured it for. You would also need to prove that the item was in the package. The item should have been shipped through UPS or FedEx. You insure it and they lose it, they pay even if you shipped an empty box.

There is also the possibility that the package will show up. I ordered something through midway, they lost it and it showed up at my door 2 months later. I believe this happens more than you think. Seeing as you are in TN, its probably sitting at the Memphis processing center.

Last edited:
So, as many of you know, I was robbed by savageseven last week. He took $560 from me for an item that he didn't insure, then when usps lost it, he refused to give my money back. These forums operate on trust.

Well, this morning I got a notification that my post where I explained to the community what happened to me, in an effort to prevent it happening to anyone else was deleted, and it came with a warning: "drop this issue".

So, I don't know who did it, and I don't care. I sent in an email to Len at about 6am this morning asking for clarification, and nobody has responded. That silence speaks volumes. This forum has shown to be a place where thieves can operate with impunity, and telling the truth will get you a warning. I'm out. If you want to talk to me, I'll be on snipers hide.

Admin, delete my account. You can protect thieves without my membership dollars.
So apparently Hecouldgoalltheway walked away on his own terms.

I don't see savageseven on here but if you sell something, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE until the item arrives. All we have in this world is our word, our name, and our reputation. It's sad you'd give that up for 560 dollars. Pathetic actually. Can anybody clarify exactly who savageseven is so I can block that person?

Curious why an admin would say to "let it go".

I don't see savageseven on here but if you sell something, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE until the item arrives. All we have in this world is our word, our name, and our reputation. It's sad you'd give that up for 560 dollars. Pathetic actually. Can anybody clarify exactly who savageseven is so I can block that person?

Curious why an admin would say to "let it go".
Get robbed, warn others about the issue, get told to let it go by admin??? What in the actual…now I am questioning this forum, that's a bad forum policy.

Get robbed, warn others about the issue, get told to let it go by admin??? What in the actual…now I am questioning this forum, that's a bad forum policy.
I was just thinking the same thing. Other forums the mods get involved immediately to try and help. Would love to hear from a moderator their stance on these deals.

Never ever ship anything through usps that is expensive enough that you need to insure it.
Seriously......I've bought many expensive items from members here....had them all sent usps...to a local office....
General Delivery....with tracking...priority mail....nothing lost..........usually delivered on time or ahead of delivery date....

As mentioned, the shipper is responsible until the new owner takes possession of it. It kills me when I see an ad and it says if the buyer wants insurance its on them to pay extra for it. That's ridiculous to put it on the buyer. I always insure it, at my cost if I have to because I know I'm responsible for it getting to them.

As far as USPS, they are terrible at paying claims. I've fought them tooth and nail for about 7 mos. to get a payout of only $150 for a box that actually delivered all the way to the recipient that was literally smashed, open on both ends, and empty!

Another member and I swapped 2 boxes each of Berger bullets shipped USPS in a small flat rate box by each of us. His box arrived to me all smashed up with only 1 box of bullets. Anyways the guy went round and round and round, I helped what I could, asked for advice from other postal worker friends. They kept denying him. He finally got his claim for the MEASLY $50 included priority insurance months later. I'm sure they spent hundreds of $ in resources initially to just pay him in the end. It is amazing the lengths they go through to deny claims. I think denying is their first 7 steps before they actually even consider paying out.

This doesn't help Hecouldgoalltheway's situation as he is no longer with us or the seller. The seller (shipper) would have to go through the legwork and apparently he's not willing. Maybe as stated above he'll get lucky and his package will miraculously appear at his house soon. 🤞

Just goes to show the thread should have stayed up. A bunch of people here never saw it and would potentially get ripped off themselves. Not sure on the reasoning for that one. He even admitted to what he had done and his stance on it.