Good scope for light weight hunting rifle (under $1000)

Thanks guys. Everyone has been super helpful. I ended up picking up a Zeiss v4 4-16 30mm on Europtic for only $649 (new). The only thing is the reticles are non-illuminated.

Any thoughts on good base and light weight rings? Is a picatanny base best?
Be sure to check the turret set screws. Check and check often. I lost confidence when I went to dial and it went click,slip, qwaaaiiik…

Good choice on the Zeiss V4. I have one that has the graduated crosshairs with MOA adjustments with an illuminated center cross only. I hate when the whole tree illuminates like on my Vortex PST's. Next time see if you can look through a Meopta Optika 6. Don't get me wrong I love my Leupolds too but my last three have been Optika6, Optika6, and this Zeiss. It's a tight race between all the ones I've mentioned with the Vortex bringing up the rear but not far behind

Another vote on Talley rings. Excellent machining, don't need separate bases, lightweight, look great, and the folks at Talley are about as nice and knowledgable as you can find. I have found they work just as well as a Picatinny rail. You will save a little weight, and if you have standard bottom metal they load a little easier.

I like the Warne Mountain Tech stuff. You might gain a couple of ounces over the Talley rings but I really like them. Give me the ability to move scopes easily if I want/need to. Since this setup will give you a rail you can get an extra 20 MOA if you want it and you get more space to move your rings around on the scope.

Thanks guys. Everyone has been super helpful. I ended up picking up a Zeiss v4 4-16 30mm on Europtic for only $649 (new). The only thing is the reticles are non-illuminated.

I use Dave Talley rings on everything. Very light weight and very strong. I have put a honing bar on em to to tru them up but it wasn't really needed.

I just bought a Savage 110 ultralight in 7 PRC. I am looking for the best optic under $1000 that is relatively light weight and decent quality. Reading a lot of conflicting things out there. Any recommendations?
If you had said $1,500 I would have said Trijicon Ten Mile 3-18.

But at $1,000 I would say Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-12x 42.