Good scope for light weight hunting rifle (under $1000)

My only concern with the VX3HD is I don't think they have parallax adjustment. Do they?
The new stuff doesnt. Might cause a stir here......parallax is way over talked about just like Temp. Stable Powder, Must Have Twist Rates, minimal muzzle brake clearance etc. No, I dont have 10 animals killed at 1-2000yds. Common shots 3-600, this year 500. I set mine at infinity and go hunting, I know I have never once adjusted the AO or side focus ever during a hunt. Don't seem to miss what I'm shooting at even with my wrongly adjusted scope, and unstable powder.

Swarovski with a BRX/BRH reticle. You can get the 4-12 z3 for under $1k and it comes in under a pound. The reticle is easy to "calibrate" with the right ballistic app(strelok) and will most likely get you past 800.

The new stuff doesnt. Might cause a stir here......parallax is way over talked about just like Temp. Stable Powder, Must Have Twist Rates, minimal muzzle brake clearance etc. No, I dont have 10 animals killed at 1-2000yds. Common shots 3-600, this year 500. I set mine at infinity and go hunting, I know I have never once adjusted the AO or side focus ever during a hunt. Don't seem to miss what I'm shooting at even with my wrongly adjusted scope, and unstable powder.
lol if I'm not shooting 100-200 yards on paper I just set mine to infinity too. If I'm just shooting steel more then likely if it's lot clear on infinity I just adjust till it's clear. Now load development or zeroing at 100-200 ya I take the time to set it right. I shot my doe at 480 just set parallax to infinity.

Thanks guys. Everyone has been super helpful. I ended up picking up a Zeiss v4 4-16 30mm on Europtic for only $649 (new). The only thing is the reticles are non-illuminated.

Any thoughts on good base and light weight rings? Is a picatanny base best?

Disclaimer: I haven't read through all the posts.

One of the best scopes I've used in that $1k category is the Zeiss V4. You can find them sub $1k and they are really nice. Easy zero stop setup too. I run two of them; 6-24x50 and 4-16x50. Very happy with both of them!

The VX-5HD 3-15x44mm has been my go to scope at the $1k price range for the last couple rifles. They're right around $1k and come in under 20oz. I got the wind-plex reticle and I think I'd like the TMOA or HTMR or something different because the wind-plex is just too thick for my liking.