Going Back To Where I Started........... Kinda

All apologies fella's I've had an eventful last couple of weeks but I did have time yesterday to start necking down some brass, here's a comparison of the parent case ( 30-06 ) and a fire formed case for your viewing pleasure
View attachment 414319
Ok! Million-dollar question: When are you going to light a fire in it? We are all dying here!

I wish you luck, though long narrow powder columns have been done a lot. They are very often more finicky than the owner likes, and quickly tires of the constant chasing around that's necessary to get them to behave. In your case, I hope you're happy with significantly larger than 1/2 MOA after a couple hundred rounds.

Short and fat is how you get similar or often better performance without such a massive sacrifice on node stability.

Yet often when someone pursues a project such as this, facts such as that don't matter... it's all about the doing and the learning, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. I wish more people would push into the wild end of things. It's fun!

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

7C9941B6-4DB1-4306-AB04-177A7D9966FF.jpeg

Everyone knows I live on the borderline and I push everything including myself to the absolute, so after the 25 cals and the 30 cals with the Mule I'm gonna go back to where I started with the 22 calibers .
The 220 Swift and I have killed a many deer back in the day and everyone knows that light and fast is my MO so with that being said and after some discussion with my peersšŸ˜‰ I'm off and running with an old wildcat that will with any luck and Hammer's will make a 500 yard lightning stick.
22X63 AI ( 22-06AI) is what's on the menu, Early {No Prefix } Rem700 action worked over with an M16 extractor , 27" Bartlein 7 twist 5R contour tube {Suppressed }

Trigger Tech 2 stage, McMillian Game Warden Carbon { Mag Fill ) toping it off with an Arken EP5.
As I am out of the machine shop I had Jay Cutright {Marshall Illinois} do this build, this is the second rig he has done for me and I will highly recommend him if anyone needs a smith
The quest is to push the 51g AH to 5K, I'm not sure but I think it should be a fairly flat roundšŸ˜œ

View attachment 411250View attachment 411251
I hope u get there, my guess would be 4600/4700 tops! But be fun trying!

At 4900 but accuracy is wild!
It sounds like you are running into dynamic stability issues. At some point there is a max vel where a bullet will become unstable and start tumbling. Takes a degree in rocket science to understand this stuff and I don't think they do either. They have to try it and see what happens just like the rest of us.