Going Back To Where I Started........... Kinda

ButterBean

Everyone knows I live on the borderline and I push everything including myself to the absolute, so after the 25 cals and the 30 cals with the Mule I'm gonna go back to where I started with the 22 calibers .
The 220 Swift and I have killed a many deer back in the day and everyone knows that light and fast is my MO so with that being said and after some discussion with my peers😉 I'm off and running with an old wildcat that will with any luck and Hammer's will make a 500 yard lightning stick.
22X63 AI ( 22-06AI) is what's on the menu, Early {No Prefix } Rem700 action worked over with an M16 extractor , 27" Bartlein 7 twist 5R contour tube {Suppressed }

Trigger Tech 2 stage, McMillian Game Warden Carbon { Mag Fill ) toping it off with an Arken EP5.
As I am out of the machine shop I had Jay Cutright {Marshall Illinois} do this build, this is the second rig he has done for me and I will highly recommend him if anyone needs a smith
The quest is to push the 51g AH to 5K, I'm not sure but I think it should be a fairly flat round😜

F5B38517-63B2-413B-A61C-93C9C5E81AE2.jpeg73A35D48-0BD3-4DAF-A366-65D54AE16E6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Everyone knows I live on the borderline and I push everything including myself to the absolute, so after the 25 cals and the 30 cals with the Mule I'm gonna go back to where I started with the 22 calibers .
The 220 Swift and I have killed a many deer back on the day and everyone knows that light and fast is my MO so with that being said and after some discussion with my peers😉 I'm off and running with an old wildcat that will with any luck and Hammer's will make a 500 yard lightning stick.
22X63 AI ( 22-06AI) is what's on the menu, Early {No Prefix } Rem700 action worked over with an M16 extractor , 27" Bartlein 7 twist 5R contour tube {Suppressed }

Trigger Tech 2 stage, McMillian Game Warden Carbon { Mag Fill ) toping it off with an Arken EP5.
As I am out of the machine shop I had Jay Cutright {Marshall Illinois} do this build, this is the second rig he has done for me and I will highly recommend him if anyone needs a smith
The quest is to push the 51g AH to 5K, I'm not sure but I think it should be a fairly flat round😜

View attachment 411250View attachment 411251
Bean
Hope all is well with you and your family.
GREAT BUILD!!!!
if you are pushing the AH 51.gr @4,500 fps you will be getting close to 560 energy ft lbs @ 500 yds. and 700 ft lbs with 5,000 fps.
Bullet placement & enough energy to knock a deer down. Hope that the bullet would open up enough to transfer energy .
You have the experience so hope that you get some deer and show us the results.
Definitely a LASER.

Bean
Hope all is well with you and your family.
GREAT BUILD!!!!
if you are pushing the AH 51.gr @4,500 fps you will be getting close to 560 energy ft lbs @ 500 yds. and 700 ft lbs with 5,000 fps.
Bullet placement & enough energy to knock a deer down. Hope that the bullet would open up enough to transfer energy .
You have the experience so hope that you get some deer and show us the results.
Definitely a LASER.
Thank you for all of the information Brother and I mean no offense so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way as I have have the tendency to sound like I butt when it's not my intention, with that being said I don't look at energy numbers, I concentrate solely on impact velocity but that's just me

Thank you for all of the information Brother and I mean no offense so please don't take what I'm saying the wrong way as I have have the tendency to sound like I butt when it's not my intention, with that being said I don't look at energy numbers, I concentrate solely on impact velocity but that's just me
None taken
I kind of run numbers through my head, I like the math involved and gives me an opportunity to use different equations/calculations. Used to have to do that before Kestrel, Applied Ballistics came out.
You are defiantly going to have Impact Velocity!
Can't wait for your data with Chrono.
Thanks
Len