Going Back To Where I Started........... Kinda

Everyone knows I live on the borderline and I push everything including myself to the absolute, so after the 25 cals and the 30 cals with the Mule I'm gonna go back to where I started with the 22 calibers .
The 220 Swift and I have killed a many deer back in the day and everyone knows that light and fast is my MO so with that being said and after some discussion with my peers😉 I'm off and running with an old wildcat that will with any luck and Hammer's will make a 500 yard lightning stick.
22X63 AI ( 22-06AI) is what's on the menu, Early {No Prefix } Rem700 action worked over with an M16 extractor , 27" Bartlein 7 twist 5R contour tube {Suppressed }

Trigger Tech 2 stage, McMillian Game Warden Carbon { Mag Fill ) toping it off with an Arken EP5.
As I am out of the machine shop I had Jay Cutright {Marshall Illinois} do this build, this is the second rig he has done for me and I will highly recommend him if anyone needs a smith
The quest is to push the 51g AH to 5K, I'm not sure but I think it should be a fairly flat round😜

View attachment 411250View attachment 411251

Not sure you will make 5k with 51's, but give it a serious try. Several of us played with the Cheetah II, the 22-6mm and AI version, and the old 22-06, and we could never reach 5k with a 55. However, several current powders didn't exist then, and neither did the HH bullets.

Keep us informed of your performance, and how long the throat lasts.

My predictions as le grande prognosticator as Muddyboots calls me…

First results will be disappointing but just the beginning. First powder tried will yield a mv of of 4448 fps. 448 of course being 224 doubled 🤣. But the next one will yield 4896. Because you dont just double it, you quadruple it. Because there are two twos in twenty two and this is a .22-06.

My predictions as le grande prognosticator as Muddyboots calls me…

First results will be disappointing but just the beginning. First powder tried will yield a mv of of 4448 fps. 448 of course being 224 doubled 🤣. But the next one will yield 4896. Because you dont just double it, you quadruple it. Because there are two twos in twenty two and this is a .22-06.
I believe this formula came from the same book that teaches the solution that moose hunting requires a 308 caliber.

1669052723421.jpeg
1669052723421.jpeg