Getting SCARY!

liltank

Well thought I would share a little success with y'al. Shot my first .100" group laying prone. Not sure what happened to the zero after I set the dope on the scope, but planted 3 shots in a bitty .117" group at 100yds. You'll see two groups. The first group on the right is off the bench. The way it grouped I knew I could tighten it up. I then adjusted and fired the dead center shot in the black dot on the left. I then got up and let the barrel cool for 10-20 minutes. The barrel was completely cool when I started to fire. I aimed at the dot with the single hole in the middle and it printed the group to the left. I kept constant pressure on the bi-pod and didn't move my head as I loaded rounds. Needless to say, I'm happy!:D I have to go out and see if it is zeroed and make sure it was me and not the scope.

img004-1.jpg

Tank

Well the scope is just one component and it doesn't pull the trigger so it's sure not the scope that made it shoot that well.

Good job!

I'm a little perplexed as to the POI change after sighting in from the bench group. The sight in was shot prone right after the bench group, so not sure other than my head was not lined up the same way. I measure a .709" shift in POI compared to my POA. All four shots were shot in the same manner. Notice the elevation is perfect, it's just the windage.

Tank

I'm a little perplexed as to the POI change after sighting in from the bench group. The sight in was shot prone right after the bench group, so not sure other than my head was not lined up the same way. I measure a .709" shift in POI compared to my POA. All four shots were shot in the same manner. Notice the elevation is perfect, it's just the windage.

Tank
Cheek weld/eye alignment can shift significantly between prone and bench. That's one of the reason an adjustable cheek piece can come in so handy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.