Friendly Bonfire

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Just stopping by the house to pick up more food and drinks.
Went to my neighbors to have a BonFire since the weather is so nice here tonight. It's in the high 40s NO WIND very low humidity. The GA Power Company cut some Pine down a few months ago that were by their wires, They left the wood 30"+ in diameter so we made a bonfire tonight. The base of the fire was 16' X 12'. Couldn't believe how well it burned. We did have a big tractor with BobCat Grabbers on the front so it was easy to move the logs around for good air and heat,
We had Smoked/cooked Boston Butt since yesterday, home made sauce with hand pulled pork sandwiches. and homemade coleslaw/
Darn that fire was big and kept us and our women warm as well, The Fire Dept stopped by because (first time in over 20 years) "All yard Fires shall be extinguished by dark Fall, When the head of the Local Fire Truck Approached I said Hi and would he like a Hot Dog since we were having a barbeque. well he looked at the size of the burning logs and said that the fire would probably last two or more days and the regulation states fire out by dusk,
zzzzzzhe did see the water hose we had for prevention and also a huge front end loader to disperse if it got too big. zzzzzzzzzzz
zzzI again asked if he wanted to eat with us since it is a "Barbeque" You can have fires in GA if cooking for food.
The Fire Marshal said that the fire we have will last for several days and we can keep the fire, food, music as long as some one stay with it through the night.
I said that's a no brainer, we all stay up all night when we have a fire like This!!!!
The Fire Marshall was really nice!!!
This is the way we like to have friendly bonfires with neighbors in GA
Hope y'all are having the same neighborly parties in your areas.

Attachments

• TY Bonfire 11-19-22.jpg
    TY Bonfire 11-19-22.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 31
I sure would like to have a bon fire but with the winds we have out here it best just to keep ''em small. Lol. Sure hope you're having a good one though!