Gun Friendly way to send money online

Timnterra

I've read report of PayPal seizing funds and blocking accounts for people who do gun transactions for a couple years. I have, up to this point, avoided their money grabbing. However, PayPal notified me this morning that my account has been permanently suspended for "activity that is not in accordance with their acceptable use policy." I assume it is because I have been hosting a gun raffle fundraiser and receiving funds through PayPal.

I will never use PayPal again. As a result I'm in search of an online funds courier that will allow me to send and receive funds over the interweb.

Ideally I'd like to use a service that is not opposed to the American citizens' ownership of guns.

Any suggestions? I've heard of Venmo, Cash app, and now Zelle. Any other recommendations or reason to choose one over another?

I used to have a PayPal account that I used regularly, however not anymore. My experience was they threatened to tie up my checking account because I'd made a purchase and didn't have an account to pay PayPal and.....the guy who I purchased a $35 reel from made a complaint against me. I was in the middle of a nasty divorce and forgot to change the cancelled credit card to the new one. I overnight FedExed a USPS money order to the guy, in California so not a cheap date, and told PayPal that the problem was solved. I was told that I had to do all transactions through PayPal and nothing was going to change their minds even though the problem was solved, So.....no PayPal for me.

I used to have a PayPal account that I used regularly, however not anymore. My experience was they threatened to tie up my checking account because I'd made a purchase and didn't have an account to pay PayPal and.....the guy who I purchased a $35 reel from made a complaint against me. I was in the middle of a nasty divorce and forgot to change the cancelled credit card to the new one. I overnight FedExed a USPS money order to the guy, in California so not a cheap date, and told PayPal that the problem was solved. I was told that I had to do all transactions through PayPal and nothing was going to change their minds even though the problem was solved, So.....no PayPal for me.

I don't blame you! Do you use anything else or just go the old fashioned way?

I think they are just getting better at identifying transactions. I've had several gun parts flagged and removed from eBay so much so that i don't even bother with eBay for Gun related items.

Venmo is PayPal- also braintree, paydiant,zoom, tio, izettle, and tradera are all the same company.

You could try one of those credit card services like "square" but I know they all charge fees and lots are anti 2a also

Good luck, let us know what you come up with

Venmo is PayPal- also braintree, paydiant,zoom, tio, izettle, and tradera are all the same company.

You could try one of those credit card services like "square" but I know they all charge fees and lots are anti 2a also

Good luck, let us know what you come up with

Well that's not reassuring, but I was afraid that would be the case.

I've read report of PayPal seizing funds and blocking accounts for people who do gun transactions for a couple years. I have, up to this point, avoided their money grabbing. However, PayPal notified me this morning that my account has been permanently suspended for "activity that is not in accordance with their acceptable use policy." I assume it is because I have been hosting a gun raffle fundraiser and receiving funds through PayPal.

I will never use PayPal again. As a result I'm in search of an online funds courier that will allow me to send and receive funds over the interweb.

Ideally I'd like to use a service that is not opposed to the American citizens' ownership of guns.

Any suggestions? I've heard of Venmo, Cash app, and now Zelle. Any other recommendations or reason to choose one over another?
I've used Zelle a couple times worked great and fast! First transaction has a $449 limit tho

Ok, I just had a chat with NRA and now starting dialogue with them in their HQ for them to start a purchasing platform for the shooting community that replaces PP. Not sure how it will be received but it could be interesting opportunity for them. I will post up in separate thread of results of discussion.

how do they let persons buying gun parts on Ebay then
Paypal and fleebay are partners. I have know of PP's anti 2nd for some time and always wondered the same thing. I have used PP to purchase obvious gun parts off of fleebay for years. Pistol sights, scopes, triggers and trigger parts plus others. Never a hiccup. And yes I do remember Steve's post about them holding over four grand of his money for using PP for his bullet sales. That was last year and didn't hear how that came out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.