Gun Friendly way to send money online

You still see PP used as a source for funds by many sellers on Gunbroker. Can't see how they could possibly get by with that either. Must be that the sellers have no idea of PP's anti 2nd agenda. I have done private gun related business through PP but always list things as "car parts". Pay the 3% fee and be done with it.

Sad reality is these shitbag banks have no respect for freedoms granted to them thru the brave men and women defending Ole Glory with a gun, all the way back to the 1700's!! We are forever indebted to those that protected our freedom!!!! They should be proud to do firearms transactions that say In God We Trust instead of using Yen's, Euro's or any other currency!!! I sure am!!!!

Unfortunately lots of banks and cc companies are anti-- I know a few gun shops that went through all kinds of battles with several banks and cc processing companies because they were selling gun parts -- took them quite some time to find one that supported their business-- unfortunately I can remember who they ended up using but they all charge a fee in 1 way or another.

Ebay and pp are no longer tied together, they split a while back but neither are gun friendly

Zelle works great for me. I don't really use it outside my family, but I would. No fees and same day. Better than PayPal. No fees. Some limits for # of transactions.

Some folks will freak as you have to give them full bank info.

PP doesn't know I use them for firearm stuff, so no problem there. I have wanted to stop using them just out of protest of their anti-gun policy (as if they would notice me dropping out). But I have to hand it to them - PP is so efficient and secure (relative to other methods) that I can't find as good, let alone better. I have used their protection once when a seller did not come through - fairly quick refund and they went after him for me.

I will try Zelle but it sounds like it has its issues.

I really like the idea of an NRA payment service - hope it can get traction. I wouldn't mind paying fees to them.

Last edited:
Be very observent when you use PP. I sent a PP address to a purchaser and typed one letter incorrectly in the name. Coincidentally another person had an account with that spelling. The funds went to that person! PP did absolutely nothing to assist me securing the funds. They said to have the payer stop payment! It wasn't his fault it was mine, he shouldn't have to go thru the time and expense. And no response to my emails to the recipient of the funds..live and learn.

I to would like to see the NRA get involved with a pay service. Can't see how that would ever happen because the security that would need set up would cost a fortune. Hackers can seem to get into anything but have never heard of them getting into a PP account. If they ever did it would destroy PP.

Be very observent when you use PP. I sent a PP address to a purchaser and typed one letter incorrectly in the name. Coincidentally another person had an account with that spelling. The funds went to that person! PP did absolutely nothing to assist me securing the funds. They said to have the payer stop payment! It wasn't his fault it was mine, he shouldn't have to go thru the time and expense. And no response to my emails to the recipient of the funds..live and learn.
Several years ago I started sending or receiving a small test amount (i.e $1.56), then ask the other party how much they got, before finalizing the full amount. Saved me from that error more than once.

NRA responded and it was what I expected relative to legal concerns etc. One of the things that I have not looked at is their business alliance program to actually find the companies that support our 2nd Amendment rights and will do so going forward for sure. The link below will take you to the NRA BA page and you can search for companies that may fulfill your needs.

Here is their response:

Thank you for your email and for your longtime support of the NRA! The NRA cannot launch a service like the one you mentioned for various reasons, including the fact that it is not in our mission, but also there are quite a few regulatory aspects that prohibit us from engaging in that kind of business.

However, we do support and encourage members to use a 2nd Amendment friendly payment service through the NRA Business Alliance program.

More info can be found here: https://www.nraba.org/BA/Benefits
And here: https://go.clearent.com/NRA
Again thank you for your support of the NRA and the cause of Freedom!

NRA Member Services
National Rifle Association of America
11250 Waples Mill Rd. │ Fairfax, VA 22030
1-800-672-3888 │
[email protected]

No I wish that I could give you some direction, however do not. If I purchase or sell a rifle I always insist on a USPS money order, otherwise I don't do the transaction.
I use Venmo and just tell the buyer/seller not to reference guns or ammo etc in anyway. My last purchase of a gun said "Hail Valhalla". They aren't figuring that's a gun or ammo or whatever. I hate PP and try my hardest to not use it. A lot of people on this site insist on using it tho.

I use Venmo and just tell the buyer/seller not to reference guns or ammo etc in anyway. My last purchase of a gun said "Hail Valhalla". They aren't figuring that's a gun or ammo or whatever. I hate PP and try my hardest to not use it. A lot of people on this site insist on using it tho.
Funny, as venmo is PayPal _ one in the same corporate owner-- check out my post on page 1

Funny, as venmo is PayPal _ one in the same corporate owner-- check out my post on page 1
I was aware of that, but I haven't found a way to send money without using one of these services. That's why I say I hide the transaction by making up a random description. So yes I still hate PP and therefore I hate Venmo. I am with the OP looking for a gun friendly version. Until then I will have to use Venmo and hide my transactions. They don't need to know why I send money to someone.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.