how to sell gun online

boomhand

What is the procedure for listing and selling a rifle off a forum like this? Does it need to go to a FFL, how do you get paid and how to ship?

Yes to a dealer, unless you aspire to be Randy Weaver.

U.S. Postal Money order is the ONLY way to sell anything online. Ever. It puts the onus of 'mail fraud' on the buyer.

Add 35.00 shipping to price and ship Fedex or UPS or US Postal. Take the bolt out when you package up the gun. No ammo in the same container with the gun.

Good luck.

You can private sale it for pick up, but I wouldnt do more than one or two a yr or jack booted thugs from the BATFE will visit you. (see answer 1.)

I second taking the bolt out of the gun. I shipped one recently, and the bolt chewed thru the foam and was scraping on the outside of the case by the time it made it back here. No fault of the shipper, I shipped it that way and didn't think about it. I know different now!

I second taking the bolt out of the gun. I shipped one recently, and the bolt chewed thru the foam and was scraping on the outside of the case by the time it made it back here. No fault of the shipper, I shipped it that way and didn't think about it. I know different now!

Some shippers will ask whats in the package. As I dont ship any hazmat, its none of their darn business. So in true Soviet form I tell em "tractor parts". Everything I ship in a package larger than an envelope is tractor parts, even my grandchildrens birthday presents. The govt and fedex and ups have no demand right to know.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.