Gun Friendly way to send money online

I was aware of that, but I haven't found a way to send money without using one of these services. That's why I say I hide the transaction by making up a random description. So yes I still hate PP and therefore I hate Venmo. I am with the OP looking for a gun friendly version. Until then I will have to use Venmo and hide my transactions. They don't need to know why I send money to someone.
Got ya, thought you didnt realize they are 1 in the same.

Problem people have with pp is they leave $ in the pp account -- if PayPal wants they can freeze that $. If you pull the $ out of your pp account right away then they cant come after it-- unfortunately that's also the way scammers can make off with your $ too.

Problem people have with pp is they leave $ in the pp account -- if PayPal wants they can freeze that $. If you pull the $ out of your pp account right away then they cant come after it-- unfortunately that's also the way scammers can make off with your $ too.
Yes - do NOT leave a large balance in your account!

One of my class mates works for Paypal. He pretty much hates them too.

I have never had a problem, but I also NEVER put what I am buying. You can request money from someone too and that creates a secure link between you. Eliminates the whole putting the wrong address in thing. Yes you will have to pay a fee but did you also know PP will not work with you if you are defrauded and used Friends and Family for a purchase of goods?

One of my class mates works for Paypal. He pretty much hates them too.

I have never had a problem, but I also NEVER put what I am buying. You can request money from someone too and that creates a secure link between you. Eliminates the whole putting the wrong address in thing. Yes you will have to pay a fee but did you also know PP will not work with you if you are defrauded and used Friends and Family for a purchase of goods?
That's why scammers use f&f

You still see PP used as a source for funds by many sellers on Gunbroker. Can't see how they could possibly get by with that either. Must be that the sellers have no idea of PP's anti 2nd agenda. I have done private gun related business through PP but always list things as "car parts". Pay the 3% fee and be done with it.
This is not to start an argument - it's a question . . . What will happen if you get shafted on a gun related deal and want to utilize the protection you paid 3% for? To justify your reimbursement, seems like PP would ask for documentation, receipts or more details about the "car parts" in question?

I won't do any high dollar PP transactions. If I feel I can't eat it I won't do it. "Car Parts" will look less conspicuous than anything "gun" related. If I can't eat it a postal order goes out.

Never had an issue with PP, even buying gun stuff via eBay. Also a great way to print shipping labels if you sell stuff.

I won't do any high dollar PP transactions. If I feel I can't eat it I won't do it. "Car Parts" will look less conspicuous than anything "gun" related. If I can't eat it a postal order goes out.
Fully agreed . . . but if you only PP transactions that you're willing to "eat", what does the 3% get you?

Venmo is PayPal- also braintree, paydiant,zoom, tio, izettle, and tradera are all the same company.

You could try one of those credit card services like "square" but I know they all charge fees and lots are anti 2a also

Good luck, let us know what you come up with
Cash App is owned by square - not sure what their policy is on guns.

Screw-em...I like using them - as in taking advantage of them and their anti ways by simply indicating I'm buying something else.

Until someone pro-2A service comes along, I'm happy to keep doing what they don't allow.

Just gotta remember to call the purchase something else.

Fully agreed . . . but if you only PP transactions that you're willing to "eat", what does the 3% get you?
You can then run the payment from your credit card if you're the buyer, and most cards will reverse the charges if you get scammed. It only takes a moment to calculate the Paypal transaction fee and add it to the $ you are sending.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.