Found Primers but are they too much $$$

It is if you know what they are getting them for wholesale. I have access to a wholesale account because I help him with FFL work. LR primers are running at 70 to 100 percent markup. We're getting gouged to a degree. They get very few Large Rifle Primers in but the prices are there to see. They are pretty much sticking it in and breaking it off but if you need primers you gotta pony up. I personally get just as good a groups from CCI 200s or Fed 210s. Yes I probably don't shoot well enough to see the difference. But the chronograph doesn't lie. 4 years ago I could buy 5000 LRP primers for less than you pay for 1000 today. As little as 2.5 cents per primer.
Let's go Brandon!0

Last edited:
Powder Valley has some LRP's presently. They are built by Ruag. I don't know anything about them. Still show in stock. $112 + all the others charges, Hazmat, Shipping.
I got some of them coming. I hope they go BOOM!
Outrageous but sugar and tires used to be rationed. Who knows if this primer situation will get better or worse. So I bought some Ruag. Now owned by Baretta.

YES!!!! Its very High compared to what we are "used " to paying. However that is 17Cents per primer, instead of 10 cents per primer. So I ask this with respect, for 7 more cents a shot, you're not going to shoot your rifles???? That my friend , is your decision.
It wasn't that long ago that it was 3 cents per primer. I have a couple of bricks that are marked $7.95 per brick.

What I just bought figured out to $0.142 after all the shipping hazmat and tax. So flat price is $0.112 before all the extra to get it here.
All I know is I have 7-8 of us that might want to hunt and shoot. Two boys that really want to go through stuff. 🤣

What I just bought figured out to $0.142 after all the shipping hazmat and tax. So flat price is $0.112 before all the extra to get it here.
All I know is I have 7-8 of us that might want to hunt and shoot. Two boys that really want to go through stuff. 🤣
Got one of those myself that loves to burn bullets. But doesn't want to spend time in the reloading room. So I have cut him off from my reloads until he participates in the process. Of course he is welcome to buy his own.

Natchez has some CCI BR2's for $170 for a 1000.

Is this stupid high that I should avoid? I started shooting not to long ago and don't have as big of a stock as some you you guys. I am on my last 100 primers, so while this price is high should i get some because they have some?
Powder Valley had some CCI's about $100, sold out pretty quick. Get on their mailing list and watch. I bought a case of LR and a case of SR and several thousand large Pistol several years ago.