for the primer gurus

In the past I used WIN LR and REM LR in my .270 Win and 30-06 never realizing there was a difference, I became aware of this difference in the past 4 years. Since that time use only WIN LR., I had some WIN Primers in a white packet that was labeled Large Rife Standard and Magnum. Used them up at the range , no real difference in group size. Always and only used Federal 9 1/2 M for both the Weatherby's. .270 Mag and .300 mag. I did that for decades because I read that's what Weatherby used in their factory ammo at one time. For my Bench Rest Rifle, in 6 BR its Rem Small Rifle BR Primers.

These time of despair on components is ridiculous! I'm playing primer roulette? Now the next thing is finding 7saum brass? 7prc brass is to long for what I need and 7wsm uses more powder than I care to. Biggest issue is I don't care to pay $2/per for it and once fired (not twice or more) might be an option? This will be for another AR build as is my just assembled 6.5prc and 7-08 AR's. Building on 20-22" barrel to keep it short and shoot heavy for caliber up to 2.830". Awaiting on a 28cal/7mm uni-throater for the 7-08 as the 120 (flat base), 150 and 175's ogives hitting between 2.802-2.822" against the lands. The 171mb's (barnes) @ 2.920" give me .090" off at mag length.

Howdy, I'm glad this topic came up.
I have seen Ar 205M . Made for Ar type rifles. What is the difference and can you us them in a bolt gun. My guess is you can. But I don't know. Thanks David

Howdy, I'm glad this topic came up.
I have seen Ar 205M . Made for Ar type rifles. What is the difference and can you us them in a bolt gun. My guess is you can. But I don't know. Thanks David
Probably a harder cup as not to go off from a slam fire like #34's and #41's in a match grade. Best guess? Or just use cci's in any AR.

Well, I am guilty of undiscovered country with primers as of late with the component shortage times. I had used WLR and WLRM for 20yrs and just in the past year found the need to try others.

What I found with my batches:
WLR runs as hot as FGMM 215M. Interchangeable
CCI 34 is 30fps ish behind WLR and not as consistent with ES/SD
WLRM is hotter than FGMM 215M by 60fps ish

Remington 7 1/2 are bench rest SR and thicker cups designed for the 223 Remington. Remington 6 1/2 are the softer SR primers and not recommended for the 223.
Be careful if you have any Rem 1 1/2 also.