I need some help from the reloading gurus.

1st thing Id do is chrono the hornady rounds that gave yiu such good groups. Then you know the design velocity to work towards. Then model the volume in the Lapua brass on QL to get that velocity using Lapua brass volume.

Go from there on load development. It will save you time and components to model it after getting some data.

I havent compared Lapua and Hornady cases for .338 Lapua.
I found vast differences in the volumes of water or water weight each would hold.

Lapua held 114 grains h20 or so and Hornady only 107.

I say vast difference because
these volume differences are huge on velocity all other variables held constant.

For example my load on .338 LM using 96 gr N568 w 250 gr scenar is 2860 using Lapua brass w vol 114.9

Plug in Hornady at 107 in QL and you will see velocity is now 2979.

Thats 119 fps gain in velocity
just changing brass.

Check the water weights of the 2 brands of brass. I bet they are quiet different. Just a small diff in volume for the explosion, makes a lot more diff in pressure and muzzle velocity than you may appreciate.

And as we all know, bullet exit timing as regards harmonics has everything to do with group size and OCW. You need to redevelop your load using fire formed brass, different powder weight, and bullet seating.

Knowing the average water weight diff between these pieces of brass say on at least 5 to 10 pieces each will tell you a lot.

Chrono info on both will also tell you what velocity you need to try for on the new load.

Try again. Dont give up.

But your brass volumes are I bet very different.

I bet Hornady is smaller volume, higher pressure, higher velocity and you lost your node with much slower press and velocity w Lapua.

If so, you will need more powder w Lapua loads to get back to node.
Meant to say I havent compared water weight for .308s between Lapua and Hornady, but as I explained I have done this for .338 LM
I havent compared Lapua and Hornady cases for .338 Lapua.
I found vast differences in the volumes of water or water weight each would hold.

Lapua held 114 grains h20 or so and Hornady only 107.

I say vast difference because
these volume differences are huge on velocity all other variables held constant.

For example my load on .338 LM using 96 gr N568 w 250 gr scenar is 2860 using Lapua brass w vol 114.9

Plug in Hornady at 107 in QL and you will see velocity is now 2979.

Thats 119 fps gain in velocity
just changing brass.

Check the water weights of the 2 brands of brass. I bet they are quiet different. Just a small diff in volume for the explosion, makes a lot more diff in pressure and muzzle velocity than you may appreciate.

And as we all know, bullet exit timing as regards harmonics has everything to do with group size and OCW. You need to redevelop your load using fire formed brass, different powder weight, and bullet seating.

Knowing the average water weight diff between these pieces of brass say on at least 5 to 10 pieces each will tell you a lot.

Chrono info on both will also tell you what velocity you need to try for on the new load.

Try again. Dont give up.

But your brass volumes are I bet very different.

I bet Hornady is smaller volume, higher pressure, higher velocity and you lost your node with much slower press and velocity w Lapua.

If so, you will need more powder w Lapua loads to get back to node.
Meant to say I havent compared water weight for .308s between Lapua and Hornady, but as I explained I have done this for .338 LM