First Time Out with the 338 Edge

lrkcs332

After a long wait on powder, primers, brass and mostly the weather, I was finally able to take out my new toy for some much needed range time. I loaded up some light loads to get a feel for the rifle and do a little barrel break in. What a dream to shoot. I can't believe how smooth this rifle feels. This is my first time handling a rifle of this quality and I am simply amazed at how well it shoots. Considerably less felt recoil than I had anticipated. All in all I am very pleased with this rifle. My only regret was that I didn't load up more ammo before I went to the range. Here are some pics.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg
These are the first 3 rounds down the tube. 100 yard target with no cleaning between these 3 rounds.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. I forgot to take some at the range today. I'll get some tomorrow when I head out for some more shooting.

Sounds like you are having fun. That is what shooting is all about. my 338 edge is a Long Range Stalker by DE and is my go to when the wind is blowing as the 300 SMK do well in the wind. Like you with a good brake recoil is mild. Keep up the good work and enjoy your shooting.

My only problem I have with my EDGE.... I can't get rid of my initial 50 brass (Remington). I have 100 pieces of New Bertrom 338 Edge Brass and some RL33 just sitting here waiting for some serious load development, but the damm Rem brass just keeps on shooting. Primer pockets still tight after 6 firings!!! 91 gr H1000 @ 2840. Little itty-bitty groups!! :)

LOVE THE EDGE!!!! YOU WILL TOO!!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.