First time out to 800 today

lee31

I finally got to shoot my 264 mag built by Score High gunsmithing. My load ended up being 70 grains of retumbo with a fed 215M primer with a 140 berger vld hunting bullet. Average velocity was 3279 with a ES of 19fps. I shot a 3shot group at 100 it was .340. So I printed off a drop chart loaded some bullets and headed over to my buddies farm. I set my gong up at ranged it at 804 yards. I dialed the scope up first shot 2inches left of bullseye 2nd shot about 1.5inches right of bullseye third shot I think i pulled a little it was about 1inch left of bullseye but about 4.5inches high. Then I let my buddy shoot it he shot 1 time and hit about 2 inches high of my first shot. Thats the first time either of us have ever shot that far it was a blast. Then about 10mins after we were done shooting my buddy was looking through the scope and spotted a coyote. I ranged it at 597 gave my buddy a round and quick made the adjustment on the scope for him first shot I saw the bullet hit about 1ft high the coyote doesn't take off so I tell him aim lower he shoots and I see the yote flip over we were pumped needless to say. I am hooked on this stuff can't wait to shoot again gonna try for 1000 next time out.

I will try to post pic of rifle

Attachments

• 264.jpg
    264.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 131
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts