Finally here.

Very lucky. I have a pretty decent collection of Kimbers and they all shoot more than well enough to hunt with. Consistent as well. I always know where the first one is going.

Have a bunch of TSX's, TTSX's, LRX's and Federal Fusion to work with so I have not doubt I'll find a great combination.
I have a collectible Kimber I would like to sell, thought I would see if you have any interest. In 1988, I purchased a pre-production Kimber Model 89 Custom Classic in 270 Winchester. It is marked PP on the barrel and has sat unfired in the vault for 34 years. I also have some correspondence with Kimber regarding the rifle and the box (nothing fancy) it was shipped to me in. These early rifles were said to be accurate, and it has fairly nice wood. An unusual rifle to own; however, I am trying to reduce what I own.

6lbs 3.8oz on my handy dandy postal scale. I'm pumped. 😁

Attachments

• 20220211_115604.jpg
    20220211_115604.jpg
    836.6 KB · Views: 109
The secret (mine) to making Kimbers shoot is to re-bed the rifle. It's a no-no to have the barreled action sitting on the pillars. Pillars were only intended to eliminate or minimize the stock being crushed when the action screws are torqued down. They are not intended for anything else. The other issue I have found is the front base screw being "mashed down" against the barrel threads when bases are screwed down.

I'm convinced as I've fixed my own and friends Kimbers numerous times & that this is the reason for the "Kimber lottery". I'd put my Kimbers up against any factory rifle out there.

I'll post pictures prior to and after the two treatments.

they sure have a limited (basic) selection of cartridge choices...?? are they running close to the bankruptcy borderline?

They've always been that way. They had the .260 but dropped for several years and now they have the 6.5 ManBun.
260 Cooper Model 22 NEW
Getting ready to sell shoots the same hole

Attachments

• Cooper L Side.jpg
    Cooper L Side.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Cooper R.jpg
    Cooper R.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Cooper Top.jpg
    Cooper Top.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Cooper Muzzel.jpg
    Cooper Muzzel.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Cooper 260 Card.jpg
    Cooper 260 Card.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 92
Congrats! I got mine just as the pandemic kicked off. It was 1/2 MOA right out of the box (Nosler Custom 140AB as well as the first RE22 load I tried with 140TSX).

I'll be in Benbrook tomorrow with my youngest for a high school trap&skeet tournament (FTW Trap&Skeet/Defender Sporting Clays) .

Can I stop by and shoot yours? :cool: Enjoy!