Field report on the 300 grain Berger Gen 1 Hybrid.

Bob L.

My 12 year old nephew was able to take his first big game animal over the weekend. He made a great shot on a mature cow elk at 555 yards with the 300 grain Berger Hybrid out of my 338 edge. the bullet entered low in the shoulder blew a 3" hole in the ribs and probably a 2" hole on the opposite ribs with what was left of the jacket in the off shoulder. The cow maybe made it 10 yards. This is the second elk taken with these bullets and am happy with them. Very happy to see the young man excited about his first big game animal.
Thanks
Bob

Great to hear Bob. I bet he was stoked after a nice poke at 555 yrds on his first elk. That memory will be there a while for both of you. :) Good to hear a report on the Gen 1's too. 10 yards is a pretty easy tracking job :D

Jeff gun)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.