Tick Season!

I was diagnosed with alpha gal last year due to a tick bite, can no longer eat mammalian meat. Definitely a life changer. Now I check myself and the kids every time we come inside.
Couple years ago I came down with Rocky Mountain spotted fever that was rough,it was the sickest I've ever been in my life.

So TRUE! Asked wife to check and NOPE!

View attachment 570432
Last year I thought I had a Mole on my back that turned to Cancer. I looked in the mirror and had Jill take a picture of it. (I didn't enlarge the picture to see that the back of the Tick had little white dots). Went to the Dr. and they the PA an Dr. thought they would have to cut a sample and send away for testing. When they went to cut some the LEGS popped out from under a TICK!!!!!
After I got home I didenlarge the pick and it was a large Black/Brown Tick.

Went out to Gainesville Texas to hunt pigs on a buddies place and had one of those Damm ticks just under my ball sack!!! And another under my arm . I did the spray everything with the poison thing before we started hunting and still found the two . My buddy saw what he thought was a spider in my truck window and it was a tick . Probably from opening the doors in the tall grass . I'd be out there again for hogs right now if not for all the bad weather .
I figure I'll try at the end of September or beginning of October to make a run out there for hogs again.
FOR ALL YOU TEXAS GUYS STAY SAFE !!!
Lots of bad weather and twisters. Water is usually deeper than it looks.

Ticks were the single biggest reason that I stopped bowhunting here on Long Island. You couldn't walk 20ft into the woods without picking up a load of them. I was spraying my camo with a ton of Permethrin (sp) but eventually came to the conclusion that spraying poison on myself, on a regular basis, may be more hazardous than Lyme disease or any of the other nasty things that ticks carry.

Bringing harvested deer home that were LOADED with deer ticks also became a reason for concern.
You're completely incorrect. Lyme, Alpha Gal, Rocky mountain spotted. All terrible.

Permethrin is extremely safe if used per the label.

You're completely incorrect. Lyme, Alpha Gal, Rocky mountain spotted. All terrible.

Permethrin is extremely safe if used per the label.

A lot of things were deemed to be safe, only to have that notion debunked many years later. Personally, I'd rather avoid dousing myself with chemicals that kill insects on contact.

Each to their own.

A lot of things were deemed to be safe, only to have that notion debunked many years later. Personally, I'd rather avoid dousing myself with chemicals that kill insects on contact.

Each to their own.
And instead get a tick borne disease? You might want to look into those diseases.

There's a lot of things the wackadoodle greenies think aren't safe that are a lot more safe than the "natural" alternative is.
Everything is toxic. Literally everything. Water.
It's the dose that makes it so.

If you're spraying permethrin on yourself or on your clothes while wearing them, then you didn't read the directions.

And instead get a tick borne disease? You might want to look into those diseases.

There's a lot of things the wackadoodle greenies think aren't safe that are a lot more safe than the "natural" alternative is.
Everything is toxic. Literally everything. Water.
It's the dose that makes it so.

If you're spraying permethrin on yourself or on your clothes while wearing them, then you didn't read the directions.

You apparently didn't read all of my original response. I said that the tick situation was the single biggest reason that I stopped bow hunting in my area. I chose to avoid the ticks entirely rather than use the chemicals on a regular basis.

BTW - I can read just fine.

Recent Posts