Opening day of zucchini season!

Calvin45

It's getting to be that time again real soon 🤣

Attachments

• BFC26A2D-B53D-4F37-8A9B-6D15DE5C421B.png
    BFC26A2D-B53D-4F37-8A9B-6D15DE5C421B.png
    753 KB · Views: 167
Funny that you should post that. Two of my grandsons (4&5yo) picked 18 of them in the last couple of days. My wife is always yelling at me for not picking them when they're still small. LOL

I only continue to grow my organic garden because the kids love it. They plant all the seedlings and come here every other day to pick vegetables. The sugar snap peas are almost gone but the zucchinis, cucumbers and peppers are growing all over the place. Tomatoes are all still green. :>)

BTW - those are some monsters that you've got there. I hope you have a few good recipes for stuffing them. LOL

Funny that you should post that. Two of my grandsons (4&5yo) picked 18 of them in the last couple of days. My wife is always yelling at me for not picking them when they're still small. LOL

I only continue to grow my organic garden because the kids love it. They plant all the seedlings and come here every other day to pick vegetables. The sugar snap peas are almost gone but the zucchinis, cucumbers and peppers are growing all over the place. Tomatoes are all still green. :>)

BTW - those are some monsters that you've got there. I hope you have a few good recipes for stuffing them. LOL
That ain't me! Just a picture from the internet haha.

Fry the green tomatoes as they go from green green to whitish then slightly pinkish then more pink! All stages of ripening have different flavors at each stage when cooked . Slice them coat in seasoned (salt, pepper) flour , cook in cast iron skillet about 1/4"-1/2 "of oil. Fry relatively fast , as too slow they'll fall apart. Yummy. I apologize I got off track there but I love fried green tomatoes

I'm always happy to see the first few but they are like bunnies. You have 2 one day and two days later you have 8 and the cycle continues.
It sounds like @Varmint Hunter could send you a few if you can't wait. lol
Last year the joke I posted was a warning to lock your doors as it's zucchini season. Friends, family, neighbours, complete strangers, punks, everyone is gonna be trying to "gift" you zucchini's and leave them in your car.