Field Report on my MUSCLE BRAKE

rhouser

This is a spin off of my Give Me a Brake thread, because I am just AMAZED by the performance of the Muscle Brake (slabbed 4 port NON-MAGNUM) that I am now shooting on my rebarreled REM PSS in 300 RUM.

What a difference.

I went out the first time Saturday with 25 RP cases with 91.5 gr Retumbo with 200 gr SMK's to start breaking in the barrel. I was cautiously optimistic and so left my LEAD SLED at home. The first shot was amazing. I was using a front rest and rear bag, hanging on tight, leaning in, good back and shoulder position, and gritting my teeth.
It was less than my .243 AI. Not even a slap. Kind of a push. I felt no concussion shock wave, no recoil.

By the end of my 25 rounds, (lots of cleaning between shots, then strings), I was curled up with the big RUM like my varmint rifles. left hand squeezing the bag, right hand comfortably wrapped to best control the trigger, thinking of nothing but the trigger pull and how odd it was to be able to watch the muzzle flash of the brake and see the bullet strike.

All muzzle brakes may work the same, I don't know. What I do know is that the Muscle Brake non-magnum 4 port slabbed brake does MORE than I could have believed possible. It turned my fire-breathing hateful b*tch of a 300 RUM into a ***** cat.

I can see I am going to have to be careful not to over use it. It is now fun as well as effective. Thanks to the folks at Piercision Rifles for this Brake and the phone time they spent helping me to decide on this one for my RUM.

rch

Engineering101, I am 65 years old this year and after owning my PSS for almost 11 years, I thought I was going to have to put this gun down this year as just too tough.

I am so astounded by how effective this brake is. I am now thinking I might brake a couple of my other guns (although NOTHING kicks my a** like this PSS did).

I had posted a couple of times in the last year asking about muzzle brakes and if they really could "tame a rum" instead of just retiring the rifle. Of the several recommendations, I went the this muzzle brake. Man, I couldn't be happier.

again, thanks to all. rch

Yup....I have one on my 338 LM and I can shoot it all day long if I wanted to. Jim see really did a good job when making this brake. My buddy bought a 338 LM a few months ago that had a brake already on it. That thing kicked pretty hard even though it had a brake on it. I told him to get a muscle brake to put on it. He got a 4 port magnum one put on there but has not tested it yet. We will see if all brakes are the same in a few days :D

rch,

C'mon Sir, you know the rule ...

thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg

:D:):rolleyes::cool:gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.