FFP scope for an elk rifle

I personally don't see a need for ffp if you have good turrets to dial but you also mentioned prs and mil graudations so I'm guessing it's a personal preference.

I'd look for a used mark V, they're hard to find in your budget but not impossible with a little time and effort.

If you're willing to go sfp a used VX6-HD would be easier to find used in your budget. I've bought 4 used VX6-HDs in 3-18 and 4-24 with zero issues.
It's a huge advantage to not need to be at full power(for the windage hold value to be correct in the reticle,I mean) for mid range 4-700 yard shots is very nice to just shoot at 6 to 8x , easier to spot shots and track after the shot.
I also have awesome luck with the 4.5-18-44 LRHSi. The reticle has bold sections that go down to fine enough sections so it still works in timber on lowest power. Even without illumination. I also would highly recommend a SWFA scope of choice. If you can find one...they are ALWAYS backordered.
Nightforce and trijicon are also beastly scopes to trust.

And I see you used said scope and killed! Awesome! They work. Wish they still made them. So stupid they discontinue good things! We need more options for scopes that are:

#1-reliable above all else. HAS to be bombproof.
#2- ideally 3-12 power, 40-50mm I don't care much
#3 FFP
#4 MILs
#5 THLR reticle
#8 22oz or less is nice. ( But scopes have to weigh a certain amount, generally, to be tough and repeat.
#9 capped windage turret is nice, a solid zero stop , plenty of total elevation travel is obviously required ( no limiting revolutions)
Simple recipe yet SO FEW deliver!! Everyone thinks they want 10x zoom, or "glass" that's on kowa flourite levels, or 13 oz weight. Sure that would be nice, but give us simple and solid first, lots of that.