Felt this on my face….

I would contact Berger to validate your load data
Why? I recently had to call them and correct them because they were handing out RUTHLESSLY hot loads for their 6.5PRC data sets for 153.5 and 156's. Legit giving guys start data that was over what I'd seen at max, and their max data was enough to put guys into the 120k PSI range in some instances. I was told they use quickload to provide load data. Their data for other bullets we checked on the call was good, but the 150's were totally jacked. Berger has always been great at giving mild loads, but in this instance, they were so far out of shape I had guys calling me having to beat their bolt open with a mallet.

Properly worked up data from the field is always going to trump predictive software. Guys have a tendency to think companies are infallible, and that is certainly not true. Real world data that's been fired is what I'd trust over what anyone has said.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

That seems like a lot of H4831 for a 6.5 PRC and 140s. I'd say you have too much pressure combined with the possibility of loose primer pockets. I would back off at least a grain from this load and try to find something promising at a lower charge weight.
I agree. What brass, did you use a primer pocket cleaner/reamer? I agree with Jud on powder load.

I'm not sure what you are looking at but that chart shows a max charge of 58gr with 4831sc
Crap. You're correct. It's been a long day. I was shooting 56.7gr w/ a Win Mag primer. So I was still under max load. That makes me feel better. Like I said earlier, I don't usually push the max reloading.

Just removed the primer. Definitely a hole in the primer. Is this a pretty rare thing? I've never seen it before, but I don't have the experience a lot of you do
image.jpg

I think it is rare for that to happen. I read that a couple of others have had that happen with Win LR primes.
I believe its a weak spot or fault on the tin cup that happened during the manufacturing process.
I've never had that happen or seen that happen but I've only shot CCI and Feds and of course it can happen.