Scratching my head on this one????

Most bullets are advertised with the highest BC possible and I have found that adjusting the BC until your drop chart is accurate is the simple way to solve this issue.

I have rarely found the BCs to be spot on, so I simply shoot my favorite load at 100 yards to 600 yards and measure drop and then go to the tables and adjust the Bullet BC to get the trajectory that matches, then use the new BC to do the calculations at longer distances. This can be verified if you have a good range finder and plenty of room/distance.
I call this BC the actual bullet BC.

Crude, but it works..

The thing that's throwing me off is @ 300 yard, if I change my muzzle velocity and BC to make it accurate at 300 then it really throws off everything further out.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Not sure where it is on LRH but the same article is probably here: http://appliedballisticsllc.com/ballistics-educational-resources/articles/

I'd check out "Ballistic Calibration" and "Firing Solution Checklist" first.

Thanks for the link, I'm wondering if I should go out and sight my gun in at 200 yards. Then just start backing up a 100 yards at a time and re shoot everything over again? Maybe redo a tall target test to check on my scope tracking? I sure was hoping that once I had the kilo 2400 it would just be range, dial, shoot, dead animal haha. It's never that easy...

Thanks for the link, I'm wondering if I should go out and sight my gun in at 200 yards. Then just start backing up a 100 yards at a time and re shoot everything over again? Maybe redo a tall target test to check on my scope tracking? I sure was hoping that once I had the kilo 2400 it would just be range, dial, shoot, dead animal haha. It's never that easy...
My LabRadar has been pretty spot on for me. Maybe recheck all of the inputs that you entered in the programs. 100fps is a lot of error. Best of luck with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.