Favorite shotgun

Winchester Model 12. Have 2 in 12 gauge that get little use because they are heavy. In younger years took them duck and goose hunting. One time tried to drowned it on the way to the duck blind. Had to disassemble and reassemble in the field. Was easy and quickly back to hunting. Great gun and wouldn't get rid of because of too many memories.

Sorry about your dog. Had a dog as a kid but never a hunting dog. My brother has had two shorthairs now and it's really fun watching them work. Learned on a single shot 410 then graduated to Dads 870 wingmasters. My favorite one though is the Browning A5 I bought when they brought them back years ago. It seems to fit me the best.
Thanks. My first was a Winchester 37 20 gauge single shot. Still have it. I moved to a 20 gauge wingmaster and loved it until I ran into hard times and had to sell it.

That's a real work horse there!
I've got a stoeger m2000 that doesn't mind being treated badly and still hits where I'm pointing it.
I'm ashamed of the way this field gun has been used sometimes but always kept clean and took care of it. Can only guess the literally tens of thousands of rounds I've put through this thing over the last 20 plus years. Have tried many autos and just never could shoot one like I can this beast lol. If it aint broke.....

Rem 1100 mag 12 gauge with a Poly Choke. Bought it in 84 and took thousands of quail, pheasant, grouse, ducks, geese. Still have it. Changed the wood out to camo synthetic.
Purchased a Benelli M1 field 20 Gauge in full camo about 15 years ago and it is my #1 shotgun. used it for Quail and Turkey.

My Mossberg 183 KE 4/10 bolt action w/ poly choke. Because it was the first gun I bought ($60.00). I slayed a many squirrel, rabbit & pheasant in Pa. as a kid. Also a few groundhogs, slugs were also pretty accurate. I lent it out to a guy at work. Never to be seen again. So I bought another NIB for $300.00 by luck at LGS. But I have a few other pump actions that are a lot quicker & may shoot just a little better. I have quite a few shotguns in different calibers. But my first is my favorite.

I great friend was very rough on his shotguns. They looked like they were junk, but kept right on dropping birds. His Rem 1100 spent a week under a duck blind before we found it. Dried it off a little and left by the fireplace over night. Sprayed some rem oil on it and limited out the next morning.
The Remington 1100 doesn`t make most lists of greatest shotguns ever built for nothing.

Another favorite of mine ( close 2nd to my Ithaca SKB Model 500 O/U ) is my Browning B-80 in 12 gauge. Built by Beretta for Browning in the 80`s, It`s actually a Beretta 303 with a buckhead on it. Great shooting shotgun. There are those who think the 300 series were the best semi-auto guns Beretta ever built.

Benelli has my vote. I've owned at least ten over the years and nothing shoots as well for me. I've owned doubles from Beretta, Browning, Krieghoff, and Perazzi; pumps from Winchester, Browning, and Remington. Autoloaders from Remington, Winchester, and Beretta. As I've gotten older I have sought out lighter recoiling gas guns, but I can't seem to shoot anything as well as my old Benelli M1, SBE, and Montefeltro. These days I'm biting the bullet and spending the money on Tungsten for ducks. You can't beat a Benelli for durability and reliability in extreme conditions.

Hey, my vote is for the 1100. My Dad had one, it was the only shotgun he owned. He would shoot trap and skeet and smoke guys with expensive guns built for those sports. So it was the first shotgun I bought and I still have it. It was my only shotgun for a long time. I've never had a single malfunction of any kind with mine.
Take Care

Winchester 101 in 12ga. It is a dove and quail slayer.

I took it with 3" mags for ducks once.....just once. I will stick with my late father-in-law's 11-87 for those loads from now on.
Ha! Just once? My 1972 W101 in 20ga and 3" shells will also grab one's attention. It has worn a slim recoil pad for many years now.