Favorite shotgun

birddog 68

Interested in hearing everyone's favorite shotgun. Manufacture, model and gauge.
Since my gun dog has developed some health issues I didn't get out with my scatter gun last year and probably won't until she passes and I decide to get another.
My favorite shotgun depends on what and where I am hunting but my absolute favorite is my Franchi AL 48 in 20 gauge.
Looking forward to hearing your favorite.

Well, has to be my Ithaca SKB Model 500 12gauge O/U, 26", Mod/IC. Bought it in `74 when I went on active duty. Kind of the first "nice" thing I ever bought coming out of grad school and into the Army. My first CO was a passionate upland hunter so we spent a TON of time in Missouri dove fields and quail cover. It was like going to heaven! That gun has been afield with me ever since, it still functions like the day I bought it and I don`t know how many doves and quail its accounted for. MANY pleasant memories of people and places are connected to it.

Have several and like them all for what they do but favorite has to be Benelli Nova 12. The plastic fantastic! Been used for everything from an actual gun, to a boat paddle to an ice breaker trying to retrieve downed birds and I mean ICE couple inches thick. Still shoots where you point it even if it's the wrong spot lol.

My favorite is still the shotgun that was given to me for a Christmas present in 1973, sears ted Williams mdl 21, slickest pump I've ever handled and there wasn't a pheasant in forks township that didn't hide to the best of its ability when me and old duke went hunting for them. But if your asking me which one I'd go out and buy right now, franchi affinity 3 in 20 gauge, I've picked them up and they feel so good and basically a Benelli, you can't go wrong there

Sorry about your dog. Had a dog as a kid but never a hunting dog. My brother has had two shorthairs now and it's really fun watching them work. Learned on a single shot 410 then graduated to Dads 870 wingmasters. My favorite one though is the Browning A5 I bought when they brought them back years ago. It seems to fit me the best.

Have several and like them all for what they do but favorite has to be Benelli Nova 12. The plastic fantastic! Been used for everything from an actual gun, to a boat paddle to an ice breaker trying to retrieve downed birds and I mean ICE couple inches thick. Still shoots where you point it even if it's the wrong spot lol.
That's a real work horse there!
I've got a stoeger m2000 that doesn't mind being treated badly and still hits where I'm pointing it.