Favorite shotgun

My favorite would have to be my mossberg 385t that was handed down from my wife's grandfather. It is a 20gauge bolt action with barrel that I had threaded to accept chokes and a mossy oak graphics vinyl wrap. It carries like a dream and shoots very well. Not to often do I need a follow up shot so the bolt action doesn't seem to slow me down.
IMG_9907.jpeg

My favorite would have to be my mossberg 385t that was handed down from my wife's grandfather. It is a 20gauge bolt action with barrel that I had threaded to accept chokes and a mossy oak graphics vinyl wrap. It carries like a dream and shoots very well. Not to often do I need a follow up shot so the bolt action doesn't seem to slow me down. View attachment 541264
I started this thread quite a while ago and I am pretty sure that this is the first bolt action mentioned. It's great to see how everyone has different favorites whether it's look's, performance or sentimental.
Thanks for posting.

I started this thread quite a while ago and I am pretty sure that this is the first bolt action mentioned. It's great to see how everyone has different favorites whether it's look's, performance or sentimental.
Thanks for posting.
When I first got it I thought it was ridiculous. One day I told myself I'm going to take it out hunting just for the heck of it. Ever since then I fell in love. It was well worth the money to change the fixed full choke over to a threaded barrel and removable chokes. The Camo wrap came next just for some extra protection for the wood stock since it was a budget shotgun in its time and had a softer wood. Never thought I would choose to grab that one every time I need a shotgun.

All time favorite was a Browning BPS 10ga. Wood stocked with a 30" barrel. I ran a small waterfowl guide service back in the 90s. I was always amazed at how many folks could not hit a goose the size of a Piper Cub at 10 yards, or 20, or 30. After a couple fanned bunches I would encourage them that couldn't shoot, and tell them I could see they were hitting birds, but they just weren't coming down and if they wanted me to, I would start cleaning up some of those 'Cripples'. The Maid killed more geese than botulism cleaning up them cripples, got me great tips, and made a great impression. Drylok BB for geese and Federal 2s for late divers. Nothing kills like the big 10 even with steel. My nephew was my flagman those years and after high school he joined the Corps. On his return home I gave him the maid as a welcome home present.

I have an 870 wingmaster feather weight 20 ga my father bought me for my 12 th birthday . These days it's a hard decision whether I grab that or the 870 wingmaster 16 ga I picked up years ago . The 16 ga is old enough that it has a ribbed stock . I did purchase a vented rib barrel with the exchangeable chokes for the 20 .

All time favorite was a Browning BPS 10ga. Wood stocked with a 30" barrel. I ran a small waterfowl guide service back in the 90s. I was always amazed at how many folks could not hit a goose the size of a Piper Cub at 10 yards, or 20, or 30. After a couple fanned bunches I would encourage them that couldn't shoot, and tell them I could see they were hitting birds, but they just weren't coming down and if they wanted me to, I would start cleaning up some of those 'Cripples'. The Maid killed more geese than botulism cleaning up them cripples, got me great tips, and made a great impression. Drylok BB for geese and Federal 2s for late divers. Nothing kills like the big 10 even with steel. My nephew was my flagman those years and after high school he joined the Corps. On his return home I gave him the maid as a welcome home present.
Been there!

For more than 30yrs I shot a Auto-5 Mag 12 Stalker, both 28" and 32" barrels. I bought brand new synthetic stocks and then had both of mine rebuilt/refinished by Art's Gun and Sport shop. I put them away for keepsakes. I switched to Beretta, Benelli and finally settled on a Franchi Affinity 3 for 12ga work. I have a NIB made in the USA Beretta 3901 20ga and this year I bought a Tristar Viper G2 Bronze 28ga and I don't ever see me using anything else for Dove, Quail, Turkey, Ducks or Geese. I would like to get on some wild Kansas Pheasant if given the opportunity.