fanny pack

TikkaTerry

Do any of you know of a good fanny pack. I have been using a popup blind and carrying a back pack since we lost our lease but this year I will be using a climbing stand and would like to get a fanny pack. Thanks for any info.

jimbires

I'm doing what you're asking about . I now use a badlands monster fanny pack . I can back pack my lone wolf climbing tree stand while using the monster pack . the tree stand is wearing on the fabric that surrounds the stiff cable that adds support to the fanny pack . I have a real nice cabelas fanny pack that does not have any type of cable , it's not quite as big . it's not showing any wear , and has been used a lot more , but the zipper splits open and can't be trusted . you have to use fanny packs that include a shoulder harness , or the tree stand will keep pushing the pack down while you walk . another thing is it can't be to big , or it will tip the tree stand into the back of your head . the monster pack is border line to big .

TikkaTerry

I'm doing what you're asking about . I now use a badlands monster fanny pack . I can back pack my lone wolf climbing tree stand while using the monster pack . the tree stand is wearing on the fabric that surrounds the stiff cable that adds support to the fanny pack . I have a real nice cabelas fanny pack that does not have any type of cable , it's not quite as big . it's not showing any wear , and has been used a lot more , but the zipper splits open and can't be trusted . you have to use fanny packs that include a shoulder harness , or the tree stand will keep pushing the pack down while you walk . another thing is it can't be to big , or it will tip the tree stand into the back of your head . the monster pack is border line to big .
I used to have a fanny pack years ago for when I would carry a stand, but I would turn it where the pack was in front of me and not behind me to interfere with the stand. I don't know if a fanny pack with shoulder straps would be able to be turned around.

jimbires

I used to have a fanny pack years ago for when I would carry a stand, but I would turn it where the pack was in front of me and not behind me to interfere with the stand. I don't know if a fanny pack with shoulder straps would be able to be turned around.
putting it on backwards would make it hard to get fastened . I didn't like the fanny pack hanging in front . made me feel like I was surrounded . I've thought about trying to strap a small back pack to the tree stand while walking , never tried it though .

edit to add ; badlands is having 12 days of Christmas sale right now . today is the first day . usually the prices are greatly reduced . I think you can go to their web page and sign up for their emails .

sp6x6

Nimrod fanny packs are nice,have lot of add ons,frame ,duffle,game bags,etc

Karlg

I have run a Tenzing 1250(I think) for several years and like it when I’m carrying a stand in. Tenzing apparently has a handful of others out there also but can’t speak to the new stuff.

Hecouldgoalltheway

LRH Team Member
Look at the alps convertible packs. I think mine is the big bear. It is a pack or it converts in about 2 seconds to a waist belt with pouches. I've had mine a few years, and I use it constantly. It is small and light, but can also be opened up and has enough space to stuff a limit of squirrels or dove if you need it to