fanny pack

TikkaTerry

Do any of you know of a good fanny pack. I have been using a popup blind and carrying a back pack since we lost our lease but this year I will be using a climbing stand and would like to get a fanny pack. Thanks for any info.

I'm doing what you're asking about . I now use a badlands monster fanny pack . I can back pack my lone wolf climbing tree stand while using the monster pack . the tree stand is wearing on the fabric that surrounds the stiff cable that adds support to the fanny pack . I have a real nice cabelas fanny pack that does not have any type of cable , it's not quite as big . it's not showing any wear , and has been used a lot more , but the zipper splits open and can't be trusted . you have to use fanny packs that include a shoulder harness , or the tree stand will keep pushing the pack down while you walk . another thing is it can't be to big , or it will tip the tree stand into the back of your head . the monster pack is border line to big .

I'm doing what you're asking about . I now use a badlands monster fanny pack . I can back pack my lone wolf climbing tree stand while using the monster pack . the tree stand is wearing on the fabric that surrounds the stiff cable that adds support to the fanny pack . I have a real nice cabelas fanny pack that does not have any type of cable , it's not quite as big . it's not showing any wear , and has been used a lot more , but the zipper splits open and can't be trusted . you have to use fanny packs that include a shoulder harness , or the tree stand will keep pushing the pack down while you walk . another thing is it can't be to big , or it will tip the tree stand into the back of your head . the monster pack is border line to big .
I used to have a fanny pack years ago for when I would carry a stand, but I would turn it where the pack was in front of me and not behind me to interfere with the stand. I don't know if a fanny pack with shoulder straps would be able to be turned around.

I used to have a fanny pack years ago for when I would carry a stand, but I would turn it where the pack was in front of me and not behind me to interfere with the stand. I don't know if a fanny pack with shoulder straps would be able to be turned around.
putting it on backwards would make it hard to get fastened . I didn't like the fanny pack hanging in front . made me feel like I was surrounded . I've thought about trying to strap a small back pack to the tree stand while walking , never tried it though .

edit to add ; badlands is having 12 days of Christmas sale right now . today is the first day . usually the prices are greatly reduced . I think you can go to their web page and sign up for their emails .

Nimrod fanny packs are nice,have lot of add ons,frame ,duffle,game bags,etc

I have run a Tenzing 1250(I think) for several years and like it when I'm carrying a stand in. Tenzing apparently has a handful of others out there also but can't speak to the new stuff.

Mountainsmith Day. Buy one on ebay for cheap - they are comfortable and you can wear them in town without looking like a survivalist.

Look at the alps convertible packs. I think mine is the big bear. It is a pack or it converts in about 2 seconds to a waist belt with pouches. I've had mine a few years, and I use it constantly. It is small and light, but can also be opened up and has enough space to stuff a limit of squirrels or dove if you need it to

There are a lot of good options out there. I've picked up Mystery Ranch fanny packs of various sizes for cheap at outlet stores like Sierra. For getting started, they're hard to beat. For something more substantial (and costly), Hill People Gear makes some great modular setups. You can have something as simple as a belt mounted kit bag all the way up to a butt pack integrated with a load carry belt with various pouches on it.

My friend and i went to the Alps Big Bear also.

I used to hang my backpack from the climber.
But it put a LOT of strain on because to puts the load away from your body.

Recent Posts