Explain How 7 PRC Has Tighter Tolerances VS 7 MM Rem Mag, without bashing any company

Reamers are ground with */- 0.0005 Tolerance per prinit specifications. They can be a tad over or undersized. Various brass makers also vary on web dia.

You need .003 at a minimum clearance in the web on brand-new brass, and many custom gun makers go larger, often much larger.

You are indeed in trouble if you only have .002 clearance on the new brass vs chamber dimension, which would be considered a "match" dimension of old-school thinking. I have been busted by this on several occasions. Issues with European brass vs American brass in dimensions can be a real head-banger.

Some gunsmiths can Lap out a chamber by another .0015-.002, don't expect this to be cheap.
VinceMule, Wouldn't a custom die built take care of the problem? I have just gotten a new 700PRC in a Rem 700. It's presently at the smith getting worked on. Trigger being changed out, threaded for a muzzel brake or suppressor, for now. Additional work is needed, Talked to the smith about blueprint the action. He said not now, and see how it shoots, before going any farther.

If the chamber in the barrel is too tight, I would rather have the chamber opened up with 320 grit by the gunsmith, not much time is involved, maybe an hour of shop time.

Custom dies are a real can of worms. FL sizers should be made with a "die Reamer" and they have to be heat treated where dimensions change, seaters are easier but they often end up acting like a partial full-length sizer if made with the Finish reamer....an expensive lesson. Seaters that are made with the finish reamer almost always end up getting lapped out, you will be MORE than ****ed off by the time you get to having your seater die lapped out.

I hope that the stock is getting bedded, and if the stock is a chassis, the gunsmith should check to see if if it is out of bed as many need a skim coat.

Good call on the blueprint....school is now in session.

If the chamber in the barrel is too tight, I would rather have the chamber opened up with 320 grit by the gunsmith, not much time is involved, maybe an hour of shop time.

Custom dies are a real can of worms. FL sizers should be made with a "die Reamer" and they have to be heat treated where dimensions change, seaters are easier but they often end up acting like a partial full-length sizer if made with the Finish reamer....an expensive lesson. Seaters that are made with the finish reamer almost always end up getting lapped out, you will be MORE than ****ed off by the time you get to having your seater die lapped out.

I hope that the stock is getting bedded, and if the stock is a chassis, the gunsmith should check to see if if it is out of bed as many need a skim coat.

Good call on the blueprint....school is now in session.
🤣: Yes the action will be bedded, The interesting thing is Rem states the action comes bedded. We'll see, being it a factory bedding job. I haven't bedded an Rem action, They have been by the smiths. Only Mauser actions in the stocks I have built for myself.
\Well I guess what I stated earlier doesn't work or poorly, and I'll remember that.
I do if having an reamer being built for me, I reduce the neck size. I cut my necks to .0013th in thickness.