Savage 110 7 mm Rem Mag

bern0134

So i was browsing through the local gunshop yesterday just looking and dreaming when I notice a used Savage 110 in a 7mm Rem Mag for about $300 or $400 (the exact price I'm unsure of). I've always wanted to build a custom rifle and lately a 7 mm had been on my mind. I've read the action is the place to start so now I just want some information if this is a good find in terms of the using the action. Now I've always been a Remmy fan and never owned a Savage until recently (I won an 308 Axis over the summer in a raffle) so if those veteran rifle builders and shooters could weigh in, I would appreciate it.

So i was browsing through the local gunshop yesterday just looking and dreaming when I notice a used Savage 110 in a 7mm Rem Mag for about $300 or $400 (the exact price I'm unsure of). I've always wanted to build a custom rifle and lately a 7 mm had been on my mind. I've read the action is the place to start so now I just want some information if this is a good find in terms of the using the action. Now I've always been a Remmy fan and never owned a Savage until recently (I won an 308 Axis over the summer in a raffle) so if those veteran rifle builders and shooters could weigh in, I would appreciate it.
thats not a bad price but there are a few actios right here on the forum for cheaper but any way yes the good actions and the easyest to build off of

if you get the rifle its already a 7mm mag there fore all you need is a barrel, recoil lug, trigger, and stock of your choice.

the top it off with the best scope you can get and there you just build a savage ;-}

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.