Erik Cortina is going to do the Backfire challenge

EC is good, but he dreams of being SL šŸ¤£

Now, a beer can challenge would be awesome, the audience can consume the targets during the event

IMG_3560.jpeg

Erik, should probably check his rifles with the Determinator Effective Range Targets! They state all you have to do is shoot 5 rounds at 100 yards and if it groups in the 600 yard ring your effective too 600 yards!!!! šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£

We had to do something similar last year when we traveled to England to shoot the European Championship. In order to qualify to shoot 1000yrds you had dial up your 1k dope aim at the black circle and fire three shots. All of this was done at 25yrds, they wanted to see three different holes. All it means is your dope is somewhat close.

1711741201594.jpeg

While one could be pretty critical of his shooting technique, I like what this guy is doing a lot more.

No need to compromise just because something is a "hunting rifle". Use the rifle and ammo that you are taking hunting, and test yourself. Period. Also, he's using a 7SS @elkaholic .

Last edited:
While one could be pretty critical of his shooting technique, I like what this guy is doing a lot more.

No need to compromise just because something is a "hunting rifle". Use the rifle and ammo that you are taking hunting, and test yourself. Period. Also, he's using a 7SS @elkaholic .

Sounds a bit like the Rokslide cold bore challenge.

My OPINION is that this challenge is geared towards the thousands of people who have bought "long range" hunting rifles since the creedmoor was released and are now long range hunters......I know many of these people. I think long range hunting is one of those things that the more you shoot, the more you know, the closer your max range becomes. If these videos enlighten even a few people I see it as a good thing. I recently asked a guy who had shot a deer at 750 yards, how much wind he held for. He said "none". In his mind, he's dialed and deadly.......there's nothing you could tell him to change his mind. Another killed a deer at 700, but when a member of their party borrowed the rifle the next day because it was "dialed" he discovered the scope rings were loose. Rifle owner still thinks he's dialed. The people on this site are a tiny percentage of the people actually taking 500 yard plus shots on game, and a huge percentage of them are using CDS dials made off the velocities printed on the box of factory ammo.