Erik Cortina is going to do the Backfire challenge

Heck, how about a 'smiley face' balloon challenge? Seeing smiling faces inflated to different sizes and the shooter(s) (and spectators) can eat fruit or something between shots to maintain their 'Zen'. 🤓
View attachment 558963

This would actually be a fun but tough challenge. I was thinking about it last night. Those balloons will be dancing all over the place with the slightest of a breeze. You could put them on a stick versus a string to mitigate the majority of that, but it will still have quite a bit of movement. You could vary the size and height. Also, using a FFP won't allow you to range the by bracketing them because of the unknown sizes.

On a smaller scale, say 60 - 300yds, I also think this would be a great way to get kids involved, giving them basic fundamentals of trigger discipline, electronic ranging, getting their dope correct, wind reading skills and at the same time you're helping them extend their effective range. You could add colored chalk dust to the balloon prior to blowing them up for a no questions asked hit marker.

Plus, turn them upside down and they have a mini manbun for all the Creedmoor haters 🤣

Nope! Google it I actually got that picture off the Boone and Crockett website.

$15 a 5 pack on the manufacturer website versus the $25 on B&Cs site.

IMG_3570.jpeg

You could put them on a stick versus a string to mitigate the majority of that, but it will still have quite a bit of movement.
These were balloons from my 50th Birthday and they are "mounted" in/on some kind of plastic holder/retainer. When the wind blows there is some movement, but not like there would be if on a string. They stay in place pretty well actually.
IMG_4242.jpeg
On a smaller scale, say 60 - 300yds, I also think this would be a great way to get kids involved, giving them basic fundamentals of trigger discipline, electronic ranging, getting their dope correct, wind reading skills and at the same time you're helping them extend their effective range.
Absolutely! đź‘Ť

These were balloons from my 50th Birthday and they are "mounted" in/on some kind of plastic holder/retainer. When the wind blows there is some movement, but not like there would be if on a string. They stay in place pretty well actually.
View attachment 559109

Absolutely! đź‘Ť
Looks like it would hold a golf ball well. There is your challenge

I'm just waiting on the new drone laws to settle and then will be purchasing a drone to fly out targets at random distances and biodegradable balloons is the best I've came up with yet. Where I live (
Western Washington) very difficult to place targets out at decent distances due to heavy brush and steep ground etc. and targets at range become pretty boring after you shoot at the same spot all the time.

Looks like it would hold a golf ball well. There is your challenge
My hunting buddies and I did something similar many moons ago. It was only 100Y, but we had to do push-ups before taking the shot to simulate buck fever. The number of push-ups is what the USAF physical fitness standards have set for age; at the time, IIRC, mine was 42 in a minute. It was quite a humbling experience.

FIRST before anyone comments, WATCH all videos involved.

This is marketing genius cuz now I'm hooked on watching ALL the videos.

These guys shoot for a living and know their equipment very well. Especially E.C.

I'm old and just set on MOA/SFP, so I don't argue this.

I'm now going to check out the Areo Solus Rifles.

Heavy rifles....ughhhh, I just can't physically handle them anymore.

Get your popcorn ready, this is going to be fun. If anyone can shoot this challenge 100%, EC can.