Guide shoots to 600 yds after watching backfire.

coop2564

Pretty good video on backfire challenge to 600yds. Wyoming guide, using factory equipment tries his luck on real hunting field milk jugs out to 627yds. 20 shots. I personally think he should of let barrel cool more. Real hunting you are not going to just shoot one after another. What y'all think?

NOTICE,.. He's USING,.. a TIKKA,. factory, Rifle !!
My Families, Personal, "Favorite choice" Rifle in, a "Shoot-able" Cartridge for, the LIGHT, "Hunting Weight" of, these Rifles !
My Fav's are, 7mm Rem Mag., ( 160 ish+ Bullets ) .30-06 ( 165's ) and .270 WSM ( W/ 140 gr. Classic Hunters @ 3,200 FPS ) out to, 700 Yards, Max on, Elk / Moose, sized Game.

Last edited:
Pretty good video on backfire challenge to 600yds. Wyoming guide, using factory equipment tries his luck on real hunting field milk jugs out to 627yds. 20 shots. I personally think he should of let barrel cool more. Real hunting you are not going to just shoot one after another. What y'all think?

That was some good shooting! Note to self: Make sure next factory rifle is a Tikka.
I managed to hit a milk jug at 800 and change one time, first shot cold bore, with a 300 WSM. Key phrase is "one time".
Put the rifle away after that and didn't try again. I'm a quit while your ahead kinda guy...

The last video was a guy who was talking out of his turd cutter about his abilities to shoot long range, or precision, but who had the balls to do it on film…sink or swim.

This is a guy who actually knows what he's doing is operating right at the limits of his factory ammo. 4 inch wide target at 600 you need to be dead on your wind call. If the drop spread of the shooter/rifle combo is 1 moa at 100y consistently, then you should be fine on drop if you do your part, but…you never really know how that ES is with factory ammo, and thus you start to see the reality of diminishing probability. Especially with those premade turrets, and lot variation in said factory ammo.

Last edited:
The last video was a guy who was talking out of his turd cutter about his abilities to shoot long range, or precision, but who had the balls to do it on film…sink or swim.

This is a guy who actually knows what he's doing is operating right at the limits of his factory ammo. 4 inch wide target at 600 you need to be dead on your wind call. If the drop spread of the shooter/rifle combo is 1 moa at 100y consistently, then you should be fine on drop if you do your part, but…you never really know how that ES is with factory ammo, and thus you start to see the reality of diminishing probability. Especially with those premade turrets, and lot or lot variation in said factory ammo.
Exactly. Also those skinny-barreled Tikkas are good for about three shots before they start to walk a little bit in my experience. Seemed like after he let it cool a bit he started hitting again.

I think the best, most realistic hunting practice is to shoot one shot in the morning, one shot in the afternoon, but do that every day.

I also think setting up a bunch of targets and engaging the closest ones gives you a much better chance of hitting further ones, simply because you see what the wind is doing (dirt blowing, hit the target but to one side, etc.). On the other hand, I think his barrel might have been heating up quite a bit - seems like he started missing high and to the right even though the wind was blowing right to left (or he was consistently overcompensating for the wind).

I am enjoying these videos and appreciate the time people are putting into them.