Er shaw customs vs rechambering tikka

The grendel is ok.... But ya do need a longer barrel to enjoy longer ranges. I had one with a short barrel and coulnt get over 2400fps with 123grain bullet so i got rid of it. A 22 inch or longer barrel if it were me and i was going grendel. I just saw The mini in the howa book. That would be fun to try.

That's weird my brother has a 18" that gets 2483fps with factory ammo. With the 123. I have an 18" in ar and am having my howa mini cut to 16". I think for case size a 100gr would be perfect for hunting gets the speed up and carries good energy out to hunting ranges. I'm gonna load up the hammer 99gr. I'm hoping they end up with good speed. I haven't got enough rounds through them to do my load work up for the hammers yet. Like to wait till after 100 rounds so the velocity levels off.

As a side note he takes it to Texas every year for pigs. But he happens to stumble upon his trophy animal while carrying it.
He's dropped some nice pigs out to 400 and a huge red sheep at 40 yards and a nice mouflon at around 80. It's an impressive round for its size.

As a side note he takes it to Texas every year for pigs. But he happens to stumble upon his trophy animal while carrying it.
He's dropped some nice pigs out to 400 and a huge red sheep at 40 yards and a nice mouflon at around 80. It's an impressive round for its size.
1116160924a.jpg
it is impressive for its size.. Mine was 14.5 pinned flashhider @16" to be legal. I got 2424fps i think... I just would rather have more poop to open the bullets up at further distance. The buck was a 1 pop flop @ 100 yards.

View attachment 127797 it is impressive for its size.. Mine was 14.5 pinned flashhider @16" to be legal. I got 2424fps i think... I just would rather have more poop to open the bullets up at further distance. The buck was a 1 pop flop @ 100 yards.

I'm more impressed with that cherry looking kawi in the background. Looks clean.
I'm hoping the 99gr hammers will give me the speed I need they seem to work so well in my creed I hope it hold true with this 6.5

I'm more impressed with that cherry looking kawi in the background. Looks clean.
I'm hoping the 99gr hammers will give me the speed I need they seem to work so well in my creed I hope it hold true with this 6.5
Thread derail...sorry...the Kawasaki is a 1970 10 speed 1800 miles. My dad told me when he was a kid he had bike that had 5 gears for road and 5 for dirt....i was like "wow,..luckey (at 11 that seemed like the coolest thing ever)" then i found that on craigslist and asked if it was what he had.. He said holy crap my bike! I traded an 06 with a 1k scope on it for it. I try to live some of my childhood dreams.

I have 2 ER Shaw barrels. One on a 1958 Colombian Mauser 6.5-06 and one on a 264wm. Both are great shooters, neither are very picky about bullet used too...nearly shoots everything into one hole.

Thanks. In the process of buying a Savage 223 from Wny, but I'll keep that in mind.

I bought a Tikka Varmint 223 from Whittaker's last year. Dag gone thing shoots the factory Fiocchi 50 grain Vmax ammo into one hole at 100 yards. I'd roll Tikka and then setback and punch it out when needed.

I bought a Tikka Varmint 223 from Whittaker's last year. Dag gone thing shoots the factory Fiocchi 50 grain Vmax ammo into one hole at 100 yards. I'd roll Tikka and then setback and punch it out when needed.
Thanks. I found a Savage .223 I'm getting from one of the members.

Thread derail...sorry...the Kawasaki is a 1970 10 speed 1800 miles. My dad told me when he was a kid he had bike that had 5 gears for road and 5 for dirt....i was like "wow,..luckey (at 11 that seemed like the coolest thing ever)" then i found that on craigslist and asked if it was what he had.. He said holy crap my bike! I traded an 06 with a 1k scope on it for it. I try to live some of my childhood dreams.
If the thread didn't get derailed I wwouldn't believe I was actually on the internet! ;p

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.