ELDM vs ELDX (construction-wise)

I'd like to see similar work on scirocco interbonds accubonds and cor-lokt ultras
I could work on that a bit. I don't currently have any interbonds or Cor-Lokt ultra bonded to cut apart. I do have some Sciroccos and Accubonds.

Those are all pretty similar in construction though, with mostly just varying BC and tip design. So retained velocity, and thus max range capability, and rate of expansion will vary a bit, but overall the performance will be similar with similar weights and impact velocities of each respective bullet.

I'd like to see similar work on scirocco interbonds accubonds and cor-lokt ultras
Here's the Scirocco, since I already have it handy on my phone lol.

50BE732C-DFBC-491F-BD7F-DF0F6EAB977D.jpeg
1FECFB6D-0A95-4AE0-AA97-E7668FF51050.jpeg
2A65AAEE-40F3-4334-80CF-CC4241F584E2.jpeg
BAB945BF-844C-4408-96DF-6AC09C71F864.jpeg

Wow. That was quick. Hahaha.
These have been highly educational and have went through most of your posts showing the half sections and measurements. Thanks for the helpful posts.
I have been building a database for several years now and do a lot of testing. I just don't/haven't shared it all publicly lol. I've been reserved because I'm still deciding what is the best way to do that and keep it all worthwhile for myself as well, if that makes sense without sounding bad lol.

one important note on the ELD-X vs SST vs interlock is the location of the interlock ring (not the cannelure). The ELD-X has a higher interlock ring which Seth Swezerech (sp?) from hornady was an important change to help hold more of the core to the jacket. He says the ELD-X should be tougher than the SST up close and more effective far away. Hornady is good at marketing though...

one important note on the ELD-X vs SST vs interlock is the location of the interlock ring (not the cannelure). The ELD-X has a higher interlock ring which Seth Swezerech (sp?) from hornady was an important change to help hold more of the core to the jacket. He says the ELD-X should be tougher than the SST up close and more effective far away. Hornady is good at marketing though...
Yes, they are very good with their marketing 😂.

And yes, they got rid of the cannelure (which does do it's own work in helping to adhere the jacket to the core) to cut down on parasitic drag and help boost the BC a bit more (hence Extreme Low Drag". So in doing so, they moved the interlock ring up more where the cannelure was to still help prevent jacket separation below the ogive section. They worked together before, but if the interlock ring were to have been left low without the cannelure, you'd still potentially run into issues with core separation with high impact velocity shots.

Thinner jackets, like with the ELDM, means wider cores. So the thinner metal, especially in longer, heavier, higher section density versions, tends to still conform well to the core from the forces put upon it during penetration and helps prevent the cores from completely separating. The thicker jackets don't always squeeze down as well and can release the core without a way to help grip it in place, hence the interlock rings. Here's an example of a 208gr ELDM that mushroomed quite well and did not shed the jacket:

49B7FFDC-3D8C-4003-ABE4-ED55A7E6E86D.jpeg

Either way, good points to bring up and talk about. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have been building a database for several years now and do a lot of testing. I just don't/haven't shared it all publicly lol. I've been reserved because I'm still deciding what is the best way to do that and keep it all worthwhile for myself as well, if that makes sense without sounding bad lol.
Can you monetize on YouTube?

Can you monetize on YouTube?
I've also been working on a book. I've got a ton of it done already, but there's still quite a bit that needs done still. Lots of pictures and such to add still and then proofreading and editing and making improvements. I'm trying to do it right and not publish it and then immediately wish I'd have done things differently lol. That'll likely happen regardless though.

I've also been working on a book. I've got a ton of it done already, but there's still quite a bit that needs done still. Lots of pictures and such to add still and then proofreading and editing and making improvements. I'm trying to do it right and not publish it and then immediately wish I'd have done things differently lol. That'll likely happen regardless though.
Please keep us updated so that we can support you 👍🏻